Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Battery not holding charge

Options
  • 17-11-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭

The stereo in my bongo was struggling to operate as of late and I suspected my leisure battery. I swapped the circuit over to the starter battery and all is well.

I charged my leisture battery on an optimate 4 battery charger for about a week.

Following this, the battery would only read 11.3V. The following day it had dropped to 10.5V and then two weeks later has slowly dropped to 10.45V.

Is it dead or is there anything I can do to bring it back to life? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Simona1986 wrote: »
    The stereo in my bongo was struggling to operate as of late and I suspected my leisure battery. I swapped the circuit over to the starter battery and all is well.

I charged my leisture battery on an optimate 4 battery charger for about a week.

Following this, the battery would only read 11.3V. The following day it had dropped to 10.5V and then two weeks later has slowly dropped to 10.45V.

Is it dead or is there anything I can do to bring it back to life? :o

Probably knackered did you check the electroylte level? If electroylyte levels are OK. Make sure the optimate 4 isn't in canbus mode and disconnect battery from the vehicle to make sure it runs the desulfation modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Probably knackered did you check the electroylte level? If electroylyte levels are OK. Make sure the optimate 4 isn't in canbus mode and disconnect battery from the vehicle to make sure it runs the desulfation modes.

Thanks for the reply. What's canbus mode? I use the optimate to keep my bike charged normally but I don't even think there's any settings on it? Battery was disconnected alright. I will check the levels tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. What's canbus mode? I use the optimate to keep my bike charged normally but I don't even think there's any settings on it? Battery was disconnected alright. I will check the levels tomorrow.

Check your optimate manual the newer optimates have a canbus mode that disables the higher voltages used in desulphation. i think you have to short the leads before you plug it in, then unshort them when its plugged in to change the mode, easy enough to accidentally change it.

Advertisement