Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent insurance assessor Tipp / Limerick area

Options
  • 17-11-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi
    I was hoping to get a valuation for a car that was written off by insurance company and I don't think they are giving enough.

I did a motorcheck.ie valuation and they are way off. Even motorchecks worst valuation is better than their offer.

I'm not a car person but the vehicle in question is an AWD and they are using a 4WD as a comparison, as far as I know the AWD model is more expensive. I've told them that but I don't have any comparison price. Would that make any sense?

So if anyone can recommend someone good in the Limerick / North Tipp area.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

insurance companies will always lowball. Reject it, have a look in the UK as well etc so see what the equivalent cost of bringing a similar car over would cost and use that as a guide also.
    Someone more knowledgeable should post here shortly to give you a better idea etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

AWD is the same as 4wd I thought. All 4 wheels are driven.

Advertisement