Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone insurance ran it’s course and cannot renew

• 17-11-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I received a letter from my current phone insurance (geek squad through car phone wareHouse). It says that I have been insured with them for 5 years and for that reason they have to stop my policy. I rang them there and they said it was a central bank policy. They cannot give me a new policy because I have not bought my phone through car phone wareHouse in the past 30 days.
    I got my phone through an upgrade with Vodafone over a year ago and their policy is also not to insure a phone bought more than 30 days ago.

This leaves me with a predicament... who do I insure my phone with? I need insurance as I have been known to lose one or two phones unfortunately. Has anyone any ideas?

Also has anyone heard of this central bank policy before? I find it strange that you can’t have the same policy for over 5 years.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There are other companies like gadgetinsurance.ie and protect your bubble that might be able to provide a policy for you.

Advertisement