Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea angling

Options
  • 17-11-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys

Wanted to ask if any of you fish in the sea at this time of the year?
    I'd like to do some spinning from pier.So wondering if there is a chance to catch anything?
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hey Mc

Where abouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 McMahon123

ardinn wrote: »
    Hey Mc

Where abouts are you?
    Co.Mayo
    Bought myself a spinning rod, and willing to try it out in the sea ;)

Good man - Have a look at TAFishing on you tube - look for LRF videos - Light rock fishing - you will get loads of starter tips there.

Make sure you check out the regulations, fish handling etiquette etc, Nothing will get you in trouble quicker than a pic of you unknowingly mis handling a fish. Practice catch and release.

Try go with someone experienced, be careful on rock marks - keep your phone in a zip lock bag. and tell people where your going and when you will be back.

Might seem like overkill but your going around rocks and piers on the west coast coming into winter - You will be very surprised how you can be so safe one minute and in a very frightening situation the next!

Have fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 McMahon123

ardinn wrote: »
    Good man - Have a look at TAFishing on you tube - look for LRF videos - Light rock fishing - you will get loads of starter tips there.

Make sure you check out the regulations, fish handling etiquette etc, Nothing will get you in trouble quicker than a pic of you unknowingly mis handling a fish. Practice catch and release.

Try go with someone experienced, be careful on rock marks - keep your phone in a zip lock bag. and tell people where your going and when you will be back.

Might seem like overkill but your going around rocks and piers on the west coast coming into winter - You will be very surprised how you can be so safe one minute and in a very frightening situation the next!

Have fun :D
    Thanks for advice ;)
    Much appreciated!!
    I thought there are no regulations for sea fishing..I must be wrong :)

McMahon123 wrote: »
    Thanks for advice ;)
    Much appreciated!!
    I thought there are no regulations for sea fishing..I must be wrong :)

Bass specifically

You cannot take more than 1 fish per 24hrs - that fish must be over 42cm in length.

Thats pretty much it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

The advice on having your phone in a zip lock bag is good advice. If you are a novice and you don't know the area be very careful. Usually to a good idea to watch and area for a while before you go down to fish it to see how far the waves reach. Fish well above that point and be aware of the tides.

Advertisement