Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband, no tech support, no customer service.

Options
  • 17-11-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi eir folks, did somebody forget to put 50p in the meter? Because we currently have no broadband, I get disconnected at the same point every time I get put through to tech support, and there doesn't seem to be anybody manning the customer support line.

Bit worried about your well-being down there... everything OK?.... blink twice if you can hear me?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I got the same changed the Dns server to Googles dns and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

Same here in cork.....seems to be back up now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

My broadband went at around 7 14pm as well.My dsl light and internet light on the modem was green but i still had no internet.I turned the modem on and off and the problem was still there.I thought my modem had died but the broadband just came back a couple of minutes ago thankfully.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

My broadband is back but my TV is still down.
    Templeogue, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Most of the country seems to have been out according to the posts on Twitter , my 4G/3G was down as well.
    Not the first Friday evening to have this happen.

• Advertisement

Anyone with their broadband working but TV channels still out?
    Thanks.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Thanks.
    All fine here. Did you turn modem off for a minute?

prodsc wrote: »
    Thanks.
    All fine here. Did you turn modem off for a minute?
    I did a while back. I'll try again. Thanks.

Thanks for replying prodsc I turned the modem off and on again but no joy. Still no TV channels. It's weird because Netfilx is working so are the recordings on the box, so it s just live TV that's down for me, what a drag.
    Any other ideas?

• Advertisement

Channels back. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭swoofer

It was acknowledged on eir website, 

https://www.eir.ie/support/latest-updates/earlier-issue-affecting-broadband-service-has-been-resolved.-17.11.2017/

I thought it was just FTTH, very strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

James74 wrote: »
    Hi eir folks, did somebody forget to put 50p in the meter? Because we currently have no broadband, I get disconnected at the same point every time I get put through to tech support, and there doesn't seem to be anybody manning the customer support line.

Bit worried about your well-being down there... everything OK?.... blink twice if you can hear me?
    Hi all, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had getting through to us, our support team are open 24/7 so you should have no issues in getting through to them. 

We did have an issue reported however it has now been resolved. You can view all details here - https://www.eir.ie/support/latest-updates/earlier-issue-affecting-broadband-service-has-been-resolved.-17.11.2017/

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement