Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Oak trees

Options
  • 17-11-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys

Looking to sell some oak trees, want to make space for fruit trees, and am looking for suggestions in Sligo such as car boot sales.

Are there any places in Sligo that allow people to sell items such as trees? Trees would be 8-10 years old so would need space.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Maybe the market in Rathcormack or the IT on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hiya guys

Looking to sell some oak trees, want to make space for fruit trees, and am looking for suggestions in Sligo such as car boot sales.

Are there any places in Sligo that allow people to sell items such as trees? Trees would be 8-10 years old so would need space.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Try Waterglades outside the town or any of the garden centres

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

You could certainly also try advertising on Adverts.ie (sister site to Boards).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tomatofruit

Can u post a photo please, would be interested,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

How are you going to dig em up ?

I have a small digger to did them up.

It will have to be Friday before I can get pics as it's too dark when I get home, but I have a variety of trees.

For example I sold some to a guy recently and he thought the trees were too big as they would need a decent sized hole and a stake for support, and I had purposely chosen the biggest ones to give him thinking they would be the best.

Other trees are much smaller approx 4 foot and these would not require any stake for support.

The main thing is to support the tree and I would always recommend removing all leaves off the tree so they aren't catching the wind AND with all.my own trees I always chop the top 18 inches off the taller trees before planting.

I have an advert on adverts.ie but if anyone wants trees they can PM me I have plans to expland my fruiting trees and these oaks are just in the perfect place.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tomatofruit

can you post link to adverts page, also you may need to delete msgs as your account would not accept a PM

I think my inbox was full, deleted some messages so should be ok to PM

http://www.adverts.ie/12174010

This is the link to the trees on adverts

Hiya

I managed to delete all my PMs by accident including an unread message. If someone messaged me today or yesterday could you please send message again,

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Besides the oak, what other trees do you have?

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Besides the oak, what other trees do you have?

I would have smaller quantities of

Crab apples
    Plums
    Holly
    Bird cherry
    Wild cherry
    Ash
    Spanish chestnut

Even have a few avacados trees/plants in the tunnel and a few tiny red wood trees.

But it's really only the oaks that I am hoping to sell in bulk as I want the space to expland my apple orchard. However if someone wanted some oaks I could also find a few other trees as some have grown in between the oak trees from birds dropping seed.

Just to add to this

After some digging I do have a few apple trees for sale.

Egremont russet
    Suntan
    Lord Lambourne

The trees are approx 5/6 foot and are of semi dwarf rootstock meaning they will be about 12 foot when fully grown, though can be pruned to desired height.

Also have some bird cherry and plum trees.

If people are interested in apple trees there is a YouTube called Stephen Hayes, very good info on apple trees and orchards.

https://youtu.be/yq55QOCqMQg

Advertisement