Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend software for language lab please

Options
  • 17-11-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,
    So after two years we're finally moving into our new school next month and I am in charge of the language lab. The principal has asked me for some ideas for software for the lab that will suit all languages, French, German, Irish...
    Just wondering if any of ye have experience in this area enough to recommend some software?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi all,
    So after two years we're finally moving into our new school next month and I am in charge of the language lab. The principal has asked me for some ideas for software for the lab that will suit all languages, French, German, Irish...
    Just wondering if any of ye have experience in this area enough to recommend some software?

Thank you

I worked in a new school that had a language lab and I never used it - I tried it several times and it just wasn't worth the money. I was bored and the kids didn't really enjoy it - they got more a kick out of Google Translate :) I recommended to principal that investment in those easy mics/dictionaries/listening comprehension books/French novels/newspapers/magazines/DVDs etc. would be more beneficial or even a languages account for things that might come up during the year etc.

I did use the headphones/mics for digital storytelling with TY's.

Sorry a bit of a rant but I think software is too expensive for what the students get from it. They are more likely to use Duolingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Linguascope

Advertisement