Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Prepay power

Options
  • 17-11-2017 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    Here's my issue, I've just started renting a studio and the electric supplier of this accommodation is currently Prepay power. I guess the previous tenant liked using it. The thing is, I dont like it at all and I would like to move for Electric Ireland with a basic monthly-bills plan, not this pay-as-you-go.
    How could I switch, what are the procedures? Since the previous tenant was using PPP I guess they dont have any bills which could provide me the codes I need etc.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Iwiu, 

Thank you for your interest in Electric Ireland. 

You will need your MPRN (Meter point reference number) and an up-to-date meter reading to switch. 

You can get your MPRN from the landlord or letting agent. 

Alternatively, if you send us a private message with your name, phone number, new property address and a serial number from the main ESB meter, we may be able to find the MPRN for you. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iwiu

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. I can't find any serial number in the meter except some numbers after a "PPF", is that it?

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi Iwiu, 

Thank you for getting back to us.

The meter serial number will have letters "RM" in it.

Are you looking at the main ESB meter? The serial number is not displayed on the keypad meter installed by PrePayPower.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement