Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al Porter Scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What a mealy mouthed apology, he is trying to write off sexual assault as just having a laugh. Scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Grayditch wrote: »
    What was he doing in the entertainment industry spotlight at 4 years of age?

Billy Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Should’ve reverse Kevin Spacey’d It and decided to live as a straight man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I just hope he doesn't use depression or antidepressants as an excuse for his alleged behaviour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

One thing that makes me uncomfortable...

Are any of the allegations made against famous celebrities being reported to the police also?

We are in danger of trial and conviction by 'hearsay'. If the person is found guilty in a court of law, that is fine.

Senator McCarthy started a Communist witch hunt in the 1950s. Many innocent people were denounced as the hysteria was ramped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeBloggs1986

Billy Barry

That doesn't count as entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Grayditch wrote: »
    What was he doing in the entertainment industry spotlight at 4 years of age?
    Billy Barry

Ah Jesus, don't say he had a go at Billy Barry.
    Is anything sacred anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

His apology disgusts me. He attempts to write off his lewd and crude behaviour as "flamboyant persona", as if it's all a joke that we just don't get. There isn't an ounce of sincerity in that "apology". It's just an attempt to divert attention away from his inappropriate behaviour and place the blame on everyone else for not being debased enough to understand.
    His actions should be judged irrespective of his "flamboyancy". Inappropriate behaviour is inappropriate behaviour, no matter how handy it is to dress it up and pass it off as "humour".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

He'll be moving back home to mammy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is "flamboyant and outrageous" now considered an excuse for sexual misconduct by some?.....................

Trump-compared-to-Saville-684781.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

anna080 wrote: »
    His apology disgusts me. He attempts to write off his lewd and crude behaviour as "flamboyant persona", as if it's all a joke that we just don't get. There isn't an ounce of sincerity in that "apology". It's just an attempt to divert attention away from his inappropriate behaviour and place the blame on everyone else for not being debased enough to understand.
    His actions should be judged irrespective of his "flamboyancy". Inappropriate behaviour is inappropriate behaviour, no matter how handy it is to dress it up and pass it off as "humour".

It's a bit like Lena Dunham's recent apology.

Not really an apology at all. Just PR spin to try and save face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

liam7831 wrote: »
    He has resigned from Today FM

The radio forum might well explode with this one.

He'll be moving back home to mammy....

Sure it was only a phase, this hands down pants stuff. All the young lads are doing it

photo.jpg

Sure it was only a phase, this hands down pants stuff. All the young lads are doing it

photo.jpg

Sure he was just copying Al Bundy

oKAAt6I.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

oKAAt6I.gif

Bundy is putting his hands in his own pants. Allegedly this is where other Al missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's a shame his career wasn't ended by people being realising he's absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I just can't believe how bad his statement is.

Comes across as embittered and arrogant and making light of sexual assault allegations.

I think he's done himself more harm than good with it.

Does he not have an agent or manager to advise him on this? Although it doesn't look like he'll need one in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It does appear its a statement written by him, rather than a professional versed in how to spin a situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Lame statement, and decades in the industry, He is only 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I think he will get great mileage out of this in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Buh- BYEEEEE!

murpho999 wrote: »
    I just can't believe how bad his statement is.

Comes across as embittered and arrogant and making light of sexual assault allegations.

I think he's done himself more harm than good with it.

Does he not have an agent or manager to advise him on this? Although it doesn't look like he'll need one in the future.

Debi Allen (DAA) is his agent.

If she put that arrogant, victim blaming, media blaming, public blaming sorry excuse for a statement together she clearly wants rid of him herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eviltwin wrote: »
    You can't win here. You make allegations and your told go to the guards, you do that and you are wasting their time. It's this kind of attitude that makes it harder for male victims to come forward because they are judged for not.fighting back.

It's almost as if the different names on the posts represent individual people with different beliefs and opinions...........

Maybe all discussions should be in private and then when a consensus is reached a single post can be put in each thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

murpho999 wrote: »

His statement reads like it was written by legal advisors. It's likely that he just signed off on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I think he will get great mileage out of this in the future

I think its safe to say he wont.He's done .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Al Groper....eh?.....eh?

Now that there's a vacancy for a **** comedian, with that kind of material I'm quids in.

Most importantly, how will we find out how those couples got on on their dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

They are stuck with each other now forever, until Al undates them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

On a personal level you have to wonder where he will go from here.

He's only 24 years old hard to see him being hired in the media industry in the future.

Stheno wrote: »

He's only 24 years old hard to see him being hired in the media industry in the future.

McDonalds? He's exiled from comedy circuits aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

He should phone Roman Polanski about getting the 'free pass'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pjohnson wrote: »
    McDonalds? He's exiled from comedy circuits aswell.

That's kinda my point he'll find it hard to find any kind of employment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Court would be a good start. And then jail, maybe.

Jobs.ie

Sign on.

It isn't as if he will be any huge loss to the entertainment world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

oKAAt6I.gif
    Did you know Al has a black belt in bjj?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

To be fair he can go it alone and just do gigs independently until the Liberal Media have airbrushed it over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Indeed, maybe he goes into writing? In a few years a behind the scenes job like that where his face and name is never out there might be possible for him

That's kinda my point he'll find it hard to find any kind of employment

Its almost a lesson you could say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

I didn't like him or his act, but that's an awful bleak future to be facing into. I feel sorry for the lad. Not condoning his actions, they are unforgivable, if true.

The trouble is: it doesn't matter much whether they're true or not at this stage. The damage is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah he'll be back... Well if he has any material that doesn't involve sex

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

He young and I'd imagine reasonably wealthy. Just needs to move to a country where he isn't known.

Still in a far better position than many.

I didn't like him or his act, but that's an awful bleak future to be facing into. I feel sorry for the lad. Not condoning his actions, they are unforgivable, if true.

Oh, ffs.

There are plenty of jobs out there that don't involve sticking your hands down peoples pants to maintain your "flamboyant and outrageous" persona.

"awful bleak future"

Give me a break.

The trouble is: it doesn't matter much whether they're true or not at this stage. The damage is done.

Of his own making.

And seemingly made over many years and with many innocent victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I'd say if he actually looked through his material he would have to take a black marker and start crossing out almost all his routine as inappropriate now.

I'm not a fan of his but any time I saw him it was wall to wall dirty jokes, brazenly sexual themes and over the top innuendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

OK so I've gone back through a lot of the thread but I still haven't a notion of what AP has done!!
    Excuse my ignorance(or not really giving a f**K) but what the hell happened.
    Was it something he said or did.....allegedly of course

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    OK so I've gone back through a lot of the thread but I still haven't a notion of what AP has done!!

He allegedly sexually assaulted five men

Ken Tucky wrote: »

Google is your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Yeah here's hoping he had a plan b incase all of his sexual assaults came to light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Will he change his stage name from Al Porter to Willie Stroker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is he still doing the Panto at the Olympia or are they going to bring in an understudy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement