Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al Porter Scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, I'm not suggesting that at all. Far from it. But I am uneasy about these allegations being out there in the public domain and nothing being done about them in terms of our legal system. If Porter has done what he has been accused of doing, it should go further. So far all we have to show is gossip and allegations which may or may not be true. How am I, as a random punter, to know for sure who is telling the truth?
    My concern is that someone's life (not necessarily Porter's) could be utterly destroyed by unfounded and untrue allegations.

I explained that was not the case and then you pass a sarcastic remark about your understanding of the legal system. There's a bit of a contradiction there.

I'm going to bed so won't be able to reply any further tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Don’t know. Didn’t see the texts. Something about drug use was mentioned along with the inappropriate sexual content

that's taking nanny state to a new level.

i'm not aware of porters legal situation, but if you were to jail everyone that has texted a potential booty call informing them they have coke and want to party in a sexy manner then you'll be jailing half the country. In this case the love was unrequented and denied. It was after the allegations were public that the texts were released merely adding fuel to the situation. (as far as i know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

that's taking nanny state to a new level.

i'm not aware of porters legal situation, but if you were to jail everyone that has texted a potential booty call informing them they have coke and want to party in a sexy manner then you'll be jailing half the country. In this case the love was unrequented and denied. It was after the allegations were public that the texts were released merely adding fuel to the situation. (as far as i know)

Who says he will be jailed?

His career being wrecked is a totally diff matter to whether he will be convicted and given a custodial sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

He’s back on Social Media .. his personal Facebook but of course he uploaded a picture and made it public.

Might be testing the waters.

A lot of commenters commenting and supporting him.

If this was a man who had (been accused of) abused / sexually assaulted / harassed a woman he’d be vilified.

It’s disappointing people are quick to sweep the accusations under the rug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

All I ask is that Al Porter be judged FAIRLY and HONESTLY on his TALENT.

I mean, that should be the end of him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just had a quick look. Serious level of support he has, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but sweet jebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sadly in this day and age people are more interested in cheap sleazy “comedy” than holding public figures to any standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

_Brian wrote: »
    Sadly in this day and age people are more interested in cheap sleazy “comedy” than holding public figures to any standard.

Depends on the figure.

The baying twitteratti mob ousted Meyers and Hook for mere words, notwithstanding Porter hasnt been convicted of anything, his behaviour is unacceptable.
    Funny though, theyre all white males, is there something im missing re different standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just had a quick look. Serious level of support he has, I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but sweet jebus

With regards to the allegation of assualt in the hospital it's statuory for all such incidents to be reported to the Gardai and other authoroties.

At the point we don't know if that has been done, if it has not then Porter is well entitled to be viewed as innocent in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Depends on the figure.

The baying twitteratti mob ousted Meyers and Hook for mere words, notwithstanding Porter hasnt been convicted of anything, his behaviour is unacceptable.
    Funny though, theyre all white males, is there something im missing re different standards.

Hook spoke about women. Can't do that.

All of Al's alleged victims were straight white males. The only group you'd get away with groping/sexually assaulting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

All of Al's alleged victims were straight white males. The only group you'd get away with groping/sexually assaulting.

Here we go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

One more and you have a football chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Or a mid 90's dance rap intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

PopTarts wrote: »
    He’s back on Social Media .. his personal Facebook but of course he uploaded a picture and made it public.

Might be testing the waters.

A lot of commenters commenting and supporting him.

If this was a man who had (been accused of) abused / sexually assaulted / harassed a woman he’d be vilified.

It’s disappointing people are quick to sweep the accusations under the rug.

McDonnels curry sauce ad(Ferrero Rocher parody) featuring him is back on tv, hope Today FM dont put him back on air!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Invincible wrote: »
    McDonnels curry sauce ad(Ferrero Rocher parody) featuring him is back on tv, hope Today FM dont put him back on air!

That’s not him :confused:

it’s one of the guys from Foil, Arms and Hog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

That’s not him :confused:

it’s one of the guys from Foil, Arms and Hog

Yep it is, he is the spit of Al though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

tinpib wrote: »
    Yep it is, he is the spit of Al though. :eek:
    poor guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He’s learnt his lesson apparently, he said as much at a Dave McSavage show last night. And sure, as Dave says in the interview “How can we know a boundary until we’ve crossed it?”

Pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

He’s learnt his lesson apparently, he said as much at a Dave McSavage show last night. And sure, as Dave says in the interview “How can we know a boundary until we’ve crossed it?”

Pathetic

How do you know a landmine is live till you jump on it:pac:

• Advertisement

Apparently he’s in the papers this morning saying he’s learned his lesson

Pathetic

Mcsavage aka David Andrews son is another complete plonker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Boo!

Too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Is he? Great. Fair play that him. Welcome back Al. All's forgiven. Come back to your lucrative career on the radio and telly.

Go get some counseling, talk to some victims, understand what it means to be a victim of such actions, cop on and grow the f#ck up Al.

Then come back with "I've learned my lesson"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is he? Great. Fair play that him. Welcome back Al. All's forgiven. Come back to your lucrative career on the radio and telly.

Go get some counseling, talk to some victims, understand what it means to be a victim of such actions, cop on and grow the f#ck up Al.

I'd prefer if he fcuked off and was never heard from again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Idea for a TV show
    He’ll be presenting the Late Late before you know it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

He was a very naughty boy, and he needed to be disciplined as he said himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Well 90% of his act has been decimated now anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

clearly contrite...

imagine even the idea of weinstein or whoever else on that #metoo hitlist coming out with the same, ‘shįt, i got found out and i’ve learned my lesson....right so let’s carry on because i’m gay and it’s not same, it’s just a bit of fun at the end of it all’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Needs to reinvent himself in some way now. It’s not going be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So he's admitted it's true then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

splinter65 wrote: »
    Needs to reinvent himself in some way now. It’s not going be easy.

Learning how to actually be funny certainly isn't going to be easy.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Bank balance must be running low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

All's forgiven?
    I guess you could say al's forgiven

Yes. It's a **** joke. I'll grab my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well 90% of his act has been decimated now anyway.
    Yeah double entendres, sex stories, nudge nudge wink wink matron are off the table now.
    He'll need a totally new shtick. Mother in law jokes perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It's so funny how it always see.s to be one sided.

If one is a male and straight they have no hope.

If you're gay or female then y'all be grand....

#Men's lives matter.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Bob_Marley

Pathetic

Like claiming - How would you know what sexual assault is until you've been charged with it ?

Speaking of which are any of his victims pressing charges ? The lad that was a patient in the psychiatric hospital when he was sexually assaulted by Porter definitely should. Porter should not bet getting away with any of this. Why is there readiness this country and the west in general to dismisses certain homosexual assaults of white male victims ? You don't hear many in Hollywood speaking out about and supporting Kevin Spacey's victims, only Harvey Weinstein's.

He’s on one of the front pages today, the story being he’s now on a “clean regime” of therapy and healthy eating etc. And he’s aiming to resurrect his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

He’s on one of the front pages today, the story being he’s now on a “clean regime” of therapy and healthy eating etc. And he’s aiming to resurrect his career

If healthy eating eradicates his sex pest urges it’ll be a huge sensation.
    “Al!! Step AWAY from the Pringles NOW!!

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    If healthy eating eradicates his sex pest urges it’ll be a huge sensation.
    “Al!! Step AWAY from the Pringles NOW!!

As a straight white male, if I was accused of what Al allegedly did (except to a woman), there wouldn't be a campaign to get me back on the airwaves.

No words

Can you imagine the outcry if one of the metoo targets were given the front page to say he’s cutting back (but not given up) alcohol and cigarettes. Beyond a joke at this stage.

No words

He has friends in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

No words

Except those 2 words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Please don't let the fool back on Irish Media, absolute parasite.

• Advertisement

Monumental hypocrisy.

Can't wait to see someone try to justify this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

JFC.

A picture if him beaming on the front page doesn't quite sell the huge remorse, but when you combine it with LESS (not off) booze, LESS (not off) cigs, and that big green tick the box for therapy, well I'm 100% sold!!!

I should do some sexual assaults before I cut down on the booze and fags, imagine the kudos I'd get!

Every time I have a smoke I get this overwhelming urge to grab some lad by the flute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Can we get someone to photoshop Harvey Weinstein in there? Just to show how ridiculous this is.

He's a horrible human being who doesn't deserve a single bit of attention and now some idiot has plastered him all over the front page.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement