Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Al Porter Scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So he said he did nothing, if he did something the complainant would surely make a statement... So it looks he did nothing

he did nothing? Note he also attempted to blame the victim.

''I accept the report conclusion:

''That physical contact (a hand on the back and chest) during a conversation made the complainant uncomfortable and later that day physical contact (a hand on his shoulder and a kiss on the cheek), my standard photo pose, for a photo he requested, made the complainant uncomfortable again. I regret that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Using the referendum as a distraction.....garbage human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Now is he going to answer the accusations about grabbing at lads cocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Now is he going to answer the accusations about grabbing at lads cocks?

Oh that’s just his outrageous and flamboyant personality.....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Blazer wrote: »
    Poor Al Porter...still the persecution complex and trying to make what he's accused of seem little by comparing it to the referendum.

"the timing, in the midst of a hugely significant referendum is awful,"

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/al-porter-issues-a-statement-regarding-allegations-of-misconduct-at-dublin-hospital-845178.html
    Piggy-backing on the referendum for sympathy - what a sleaze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Cynical PR move in the timing, and disgusting to even mention the referendum in it.

As for the investigation in St. Pat’s, it’s one person’s word v another’s and the outcome was always likely to be this in the abscence of any 3rd part witnesses.

Now if only this was the first and only allegation it might carry some weight.....

didn't his statement say he was never alone and with others and those others back Porters story.

If this isn't true then surely Colm Hayes would surely have come out and said so
    'On our visit there, three years ago, I was exclusively in busy public areas, in full view of staff and visitors, and always in the company of my co-host Colm Hayes, who corroborated my account of the day.'

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/al-porter-issues-a-statement-regarding-allegations-of-misconduct-at-dublin-hospital-845178.html

even if you don't like the guy , he should only be hung on his actual crimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭Jimmy Dags

A wandering mickey is a hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

There's no way back for this chap.Time to find a new career I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

paw patrol wrote: »
    didn't his statement say he was never alone and with others and those others back Porters story.

If this isn't true then surely Colm Hayes would surely have come out and said so

even if you don't like the guy , he should only be hung on his actual crimes.

This is what Hayes said:
    When he was in my presence, in the lobby and taking photos, I saw nothing happen at all.

“While he was in his presence“, doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

And he wasn’t with him all the time:
    I was with him quite a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Rubbish, it won't take that long.
    It seems in this case Al was being Al and the other person involved didn't like it.

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Was bad news friday yesterday...with the referendum and gdpr going on, was the day to get stuff out under the radar

Hardly bad news, he did nothing by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

What age was he when all this supposedly happened, 18?

Bob Harris wrote: »
    It seems in this case Al was being Al and the other person involved didn't like it.

Al was being Al?
    A disgusting human being?
    Someone who has no problem groping at someone which wasn't welcomed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This idiotic comment is too easy to reply to!If anything, whilst "defending" the fella, you seem to have made him sound worse!

Just because this behaviour is normal to him (an utterly bizarre "defence" which both him and his backers have consistently used) doesn't in ANY WAY make his behaviour normal!

I mean if this was some random, out of character, incident it would be much easier to understand and even forgive but if this is, as you say, the sh*t he considers normal, God knows what he has done, thinks is normal to do and will do! He also has a legion of fans and who probably consider all this innuendo, touching up and making people uncomfortable (for the sake of "comedy") normal which is not positive.

Other comedians get criticised for their work and influence on their fans, being in the media means he has a bigger duty of care than most, when it comes to his employers hiring him.

Regardless, his whole "act" is ruined now. He could never get away with all the camp innuendo and bringing men on stage to embarrass them for cheap laughs anymore. And the "I am a gay from Tallaght" joke is well tired - It was after a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So Als "standard photo pose" is kissing men on the cheek. I would deck him if he did that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So Als "standard photo pose" is kissing men on the cheek. I would deck him if he did that.

His possible mug shot will be interesting..........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    This is what Hayes said:

“While he was in his presence“, doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

And he wasn’t with him all the time:

if he was with Hayes all day , then it does.

We are splitting hairs here I'll accept but Porter has stated Hayes was with him the whole visit. Hayes has denied that.

But it stands to reason that if Porter is stating Hayes was with him the entire visit , then it's in Hayes' interest to issue a robust public denial if that statement isn't true. That hasn't happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 scorching hemorrhoids

He is a gay man, a sacred cow in todays media
    all will be forgiven
    any dissent will be pushed as bigoted gay bashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

all will be forgiven

It won't be, if the reporting is clear, factual and impartial.
    We're past the point of having any sacred cows in this country.
    Do wrong and you'll be held accountable ( politicians and bankers asside)

all will be forgiven

Nonsense, the media hasn't held back on Porter in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

all will be forgiven

Whatever he is, I won't forgive his crimes against comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Sunday Times article today tells a more complete story about the inquiry than Als press release yesterday

Summary-
    -There were two alleged incidents with the same patient, a male uni student in his 20s who was in hospital suffering from depression
    -Porter admits saying to the student "you are gorgeous and just the way I like them" and that he would "devour him". He also admits putting his hand on his chest as he did so.
    -Later on Porter "uninvitedly kissed the patient on the cheek in a pose for a photograph". Porter tells the Inquiry that his behaviour "was typical of his persona" and he also provided the Inquiry with several photographs of himself kissing men on the cheek to back this up
    -During the photo incident the patient alleges that Porter grabbed his crotch. Porter denies this. Porter says Colm Hayes was present at all times. The patient says that Hayes was not present during the photo incident.
    -The Inquiry will report that Porter had "an absence of appropriate boundaries" in regards to the patient

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Damn you are gorgeous and just the way I like them" and that he would "devour him". What kind of persona would you have to be to say that to someone gay or straight.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The Sunday Times article today tells a more complete story about the inquiry than Als press release yesterday

Summary-
    -There were two alleged incidents with the same patient, a male uni student in his 20s who was in hospital suffering from depression
    -Porter admits saying to the student "you are gorgeous and just the way I like them" and that he would "devour him". He also admits putting his hand on his chest as he did so.
    -Later on Porter "uninvitedly kissed the patient on the cheek in a pose for a photograph". Porter tells the Inquiry that his behaviour "was typical of his persona" and he also provided the Inquiry with several photographs of himself kissing men on the cheek to back this up
    -During the photo incident the patient alleges that Porter grabbed his crotch. Porter denies this. Porter says Colm Hayes was present at all times. The patient says that Hayes was not present during the photo incident.
    -The Inquiry will report that Porter had "an absence of appropriate boundaries" in regards to the patient

It's just his outrageous and flamboyant personality again. :rolleyes: And as he's gay, he can't be criticised for this....in some people's eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just thinking to myself... Jaysus if I said that to a girl I would be surrounded by security or the Gardai.

Sounds totally normal for his persona ¿¿¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Damn you are gorgeous and just the way I like them" and that he would "devour him". What kind of persona would you have to be to say that to someone gay or straight.

Morgan Freeman>>>>>>>~>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Could see him in an Irish remake of Supermarket Sweep. Unexpected hand in the bagging area.

PARlance wrote: »
    Could see him in an Irish remake of Supermarket Sweep. Unexpected hand in the bagging area.

Let me help you with that cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Morgan Freeman>>>>>>>~>>>>

Ya was thinking of him as I read it back, was wondering would it be in the same category . I would like to have been there he said wasn't it to the pregnant woman.

• Advertisement

Al was being Al?
    A disgusting human being?
    Someone who has no problem groping at someone which wasn't welcomed?

It seems you want Al to be in the wrong about all of this. Now that it's been found that he wasn't what will you do with all the outrage?

It seems you want Al to be in the wrong about all of this. Now that it's been found that he wasn't what will you do with all the outrage?

He wasn't? Has he answered the other allegations? He's subhuman pond scum and hopefully he never gets near tv or radio again.

Btw.... Hi Al.

He wasn't? Has he answered the other allegations? He's subhuman pond scum and hopefully he never gets near tv or radio again.

Btw.... Hi Al.

No, he wasn't.

The worst they can find about the report is that Al said he was accompanied at all times while the accuser says when the second photo was taken Colm Hayes wasn't there. It was at the entrance to a hospital though with at least a photographer present.

Colm Hayes goes off for two minuters which allows Al to embark on a gropey rampage around a psychiatric hospital which must have been his plan all along when he agreed to go as part of a mental health awareness week.

No, he wasn't.

The worst they can find about the report is that Al said he was accompanied at all times while the accuser says when the second photo was taken Colm Hayes wasn't there. It was at the entrance to a hospital though with at least a photographer present.

Colm Hayes goes off for two minuters which allows Al to embark on a gropey rampage around a psychiatric hospital which must have been his plan all along when he agreed to go as part of a mental health awareness week.

And the other accusations? Al, will you answer them? Y'know the nightclub accusations where you groped mens genitals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Still think innocent until proven guilty.

And the other accusations? Al, will you answer them? Y'know the nightclub accusations where you groped mens genitals?

Allegations. Nothing has been reported.

• Advertisement

Allegations. Nothing has been reported.

You are very naive, Bob, very much so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 United Ireland. Political inevitability.

mzungu wrote: »
    Is it me or is Al Porter the spit of Robert Mugabe?

Emerson Mnangagwa TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

He wasn't? Has he answered the other allegations? He's subhuman pond scum ...
    I'd say he's very much human...
    the nightclub accusations where you groped mens genitals?

standard fare in any nightclub across the country

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

I'd say he's very much human...

standard fare in any nightclub across the country

Are you Insane :rolleyes:

The guy is an obvious predator. It's not normal for a man to kiss another when getting a picture taken. Especially someone suffering from mental health issues.

Imagine a straight comedian going to a mental health clinic and touching a woman on the chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

What a foolish man

What a foolish man

Which one?

Which one?

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

These are the same allegations as last year!

blade1 wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    These are the same allegations as last year!

He was just being outrageous and flamboyant.

Yes, seriously.

His name is on the title of the thread.

His name is on the title of the thread.

I was referring to the 'victim' or 'survivors' as they are now known.

I was referring to the 'victim' or 'survivors' as they are now known.

Poster you replied to just said foolish man.
    Why would you think they meant anyone else?

Poster you replied to just said foolish man.
    Why would you think they meant anyone else?

Someone going to the guards years later after they were allegedly 'groped' could be described as foolish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement