Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan committment

Options
  • 18-11-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to ask your help to understand the following sentence I've read on a mortgage letter of offer:

"You have 30 days to reflect before committing yourself to taking out this mortgage loan."

It doesn't make any sense to me, because after 30 days it's more than probable that the purchase has not been completed and many times it doesn't go through for many reasons.

At that point would be one forced to get the loan without house?

Could you please help me understand this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

EZ26 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd like to ask your help to understand the following sentence I've read on a mortgage letter of offer:

"You have 30 days to reflect before committing yourself to taking out this mortgage loan."

It doesn't make any sense to me, because after 30 days it's more than probable that the purchase has not been completed and many times it doesn't go through for many reasons.

At that point would be one forced to get the loan without house?

Could you please help me understand this?

Thanks
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

This sentence would just be in relation to to accepting the offer and terms of the mortgage. Once you have done this you would then half six months to draw down the mortgage loan. 

Thanks again for the message,
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EZ26

Thanks for your prompt reply Darren. 

From what I've understood after 30 days it's like I have accepted it, but what I don't have clear is what happens if I don't go through, let's say because I decide to not buy the house or because the 6 months expires

Thanks a lot for your support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

EZ26 wrote: »
    Thanks for your prompt reply Darren. 

From what I've understood after 30 days it's like I have accepted it, but what I don't have clear is what happens if I don't go through, let's say because I decide to not buy the house or because the 6 months expires

Thanks a lot for your support
    Thanks for getting back to me EZ26. This would just mean that you may have to apply for the mortgage again.

Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EZ26

Thanks Darren, this helped a lot!

Have a nice day

Advertisement