Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I be considered a first time buyer?

• 18-11-2017 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Long story short, me and my siblings have just inherited my family home.

While none of us live in the house currently, I was considering making them an offer on their share of the property and getting a mortgage to buy them out if they all agree.

As I already own a share in the property, would I still be considered a first time buyer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes...
    A First Time Buyer is defined as a person who has never before, either on his or her own or with others, purchased a house, a site to build a house, or an apartment, in Ireland or abroad.

In the case of a joint application, both parties must be First Time Buyers for the mortgage to be a First Time Buyer mortgage.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/first-time-buyer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Yes you will be considered a First Time Buyer by all lenders.
    Long story short, me and my siblings have just inherited my family home.

While none of us live in the house currently, I was considering making them an offer on their share of the property and getting a mortgage to buy them out if they all agree.

As I already own a share in the property, would I still be considered a first time buyer?

Advertisement