Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I am no closer to figuring out what to do with my team - might just make some boring transfers to free up $$$ and sort it out after the games.

Want Hazard and no idea what to do with my city players, fortunately Hazard doesn't look like going up tonight and none of my players are dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On my wildcard still so I moved Niasse out for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Now who to start him or Richarlson?

Hazard Pogba Salah RLC
    Kane Jesus
    Are the other 6. What would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

I'm not even sure of Everton and Watfords fixtures, yet I'd still think that's a no brainer. Richarlison in serious form. Calvert Lewin has never produced regularly and is part of a sinking ship that has clipped about 50 icebergs at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

McBain11 wrote: »
    I'm not even sure of Everton and Watfords fixtures, yet I'd still think that's a no brainer. Richarlison in serious form. Calvert Lewin has never produced regularly and is part of a sinking ship that has clipped about 50 icebergs at once.
    Just making sure I wasn’t over simplifying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Totally addled - having 2 FT's ain't all it's cracked up to be :pac:

I think I've boiled my options down to the following:

1) Yoshida out for Kiko Femenia - leaves me with 1FT and £1.8m ITB
    2) Vardy & Surman out for Wilson & Pogba £0.0 ITB
    3) Yoshida & Speroni out for Kiko Femenia & DDG £0.0 ITB

FWIW I fancy Vardy to have a party of some description tonight so I'm leaning towards the rather mundane Option 1 :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

MrMac84 wrote: »
    On my wildcard still so I moved Niasse out for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Now who to start him or Richarlson?

Hazard Pogba Salah RLC
    Kane Jesus
    Are the other 6. What would you do?

I'd consider DCL over RLC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would you do Aguero -> Wilson and Carroll -> Hazard this week for a -4 or leave it and do it for free next week, lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    Would you do Aguero -> Wilson and Carroll -> Hazard this week for a -4 or leave it and do it for free next week, lads?

I'm looking at Aguero to Wilson and Ritchie to Sane for a -4 which is sort of similar to your scenario.

I'm almost certain to do it (just waiting on press conferences) as I reckon there is no way Aguero starts.

Could you get away without doing the Hazard one? Liverpool have only conceded 1 goal in 6 home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Went Firmino to Wilson, .1 short of upgrading Sterling to Hazard, will make the swap next week, will have 2 free transfers to free up the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A bit stumped on what to do next... Already did Vardy to Wilson. 4.7m itb

Foster Elliot
    Jones Mee Naughton Duffy Daniels
    Sane Salah Gross Richarlison Carroll
    Kane Lukaku Wilson

1. Carroll to Zaha/Pogba -4
    2. Carroll to Zaha/Pogba and Jones to Mustafi/Otamendi -8
    3. Don't make any more transfers in case I decide to go for Hazard next week.

2 is tempting as it would set team up nicely for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm looking at Aguero to Wilson and Ritchie to Sane for a -4 which is sort of similar to your scenario.

I'm almost certain to do it (just waiting on press conferences) as I reckon there is no way Aguero starts.

Could you get away without doing the Hazard one? Liverpool have only conceded 1 goal in 6 home games.

Aguero to Wilson and Chalobah to Salah for me for -8, once I hear today's news. It would probably take something like a Jesus injury to stop me transferring Aguero out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Could do with a second opinion...

Currently on the following.

0.9m in bank

Fabianski
    Azpilicueta - Van Dijk - Ward
    Silva - Sane - Richarlison - RLC - Salah
    Kane - Jesus
    SUB: Elliot, Gomez, Duffy, Hemed

So I am unsure whether use my FT or save it. Anyone see a transfer they would make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Paully D wrote: »

This week without doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

is it still 2 wildcards per season?

1 before xmas and 1 after?

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

km79 wrote: »
    Zaha

Had a closer look at Pogba last night and he has thrown a massive spanner in the works. For £1.2m more than Zaha he looks great value... his underlying stats are even stronger than Sane, albeit over just 5 games this season.

Bringing Jones in (for a hit) for his good run of three fixtures has not worked out, so I might just bite the bullet and downgrade him to a £4.4m defender and upgrade TPT to Pogba instead of Zaha. Would give me this front-line;

Sane -- Salah -- Richarlison -- Sterling -- Pogba
    Niasse -- Jesus -- Kane

The problem is, there are no £4.4m defenders with a good fixture this week. I could stick Mariappa in as I had planned on trading out Mbemba for him at some stage anyway, and could then upgrade Mbemba at a later date for Dunk/Francis etc when the fixtures turn. An extra £0.1m would make this a lot easier :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gustafo wrote: »
    is it still 2 wildcards per season?

1 before xmas and 1 after?

Cheers.

yes. well, technically before/after 30 Dec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PVA wrote: »
    The problem is, there are no £4.4m defenders with a good fixture this week

Yedlin/Le Jeune. Or Wimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Is going without united cover over the next couple of games a bit foolish?

Feckin Harry Kane still holds a spell over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cartman78 wrote: »

2) Vardy & Surman out for Wilson & Pogba  £0.0 ITB

FWIW I fancy Vardy to have a party of some description tonight so I'm leaning towards the rather mundane Option 1 :confused::confused::confused:
    Option 3 looks a good move to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi Folks, a bit of a conundrum for me this week and I would appreciate your thoughts to help me make a decision (talk me down from a ledge)

Elliot

Dunk, Mee, Kiko

Richarlison, Salah, Sterling, Sané

Morata, Agüero, Kane

Subs:
    Pope, Mbemba, Jones, Carroll

As things stand I have 3 non playing subs and serious potential that Aguero and Sterling don't play. (Assuming Kiko is fully fit and plays or else it's even worse)

If that were to happen it would mean fielding 9 players (or 8 if Kiko doesn't play)

I have 0 ITB and 1 FT

I'm thinking about a -8

Aguero - Niasse (enabler)
    Carrol - Hazard
    Sterling - Pogba

It should guarantee me 11 starters (If Kiko plays and Pep doesn't do something mad with Sane)

What do you think ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'd hold fire on Pogba!!

Mourinho on Pogba: “Paul is still on this process where he cannot go more than 65-70 minutes because that’s when fatigue normally arrives. With so many matches we need to protect such an important player."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Had a closer look at Pogba last night and he has thrown a massive spanner in the works. For £1.2m more than Zaha he looks great value... his underlying stats are even stronger than Sane, albeit over just 5 games this season.

Bringing Jones in (for a hit) for his good run of three fixtures has not worked out, so I might just bite the bullet and downgrade him to a £4.4m defender and upgrade TPT to Pogba instead of Zaha. Would give me this front-line;

Niasse -- Jesus -- Kane

The problem is, there are no £4.4m defenders with a good fixture this week. I could stick Mariappa in as I had planned on trading out Mbemba for him at some stage anyway, and could then upgrade Mbemba at a later date for Dunk/Francis etc when the fixtures turn. An extra £0.1m would make this a lot easier :(

I haven't had as close a look at Pogba as you but I would personally go with Zaha and keep the funds for the defence. Will be quite a lot of funds invested in midfield otherwise.

Also you might potentially need some funds to transfer Jesus to Morata next week depending on when you brought in Jesus (not sure if this is in your planning but it would be the next big move I would be thinking with that team)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I'd hold fire on Pogba!!

Mourinho on Pogba: “Paul is still on this process where he cannot go more than 65-70 minutes because that’s when fatigue normally arrives. With so many matches we need to protect such an important player."

Spanner removed, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Those Pogba quotes are nonsense from Mourinho. Out of any manager he is the one that expects people to play even when he is injured.
    Pogba is one of his go to fellas and I believe he will start both games this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Niasse -- Jesus -- Kane

No Chelsea cover?

*hides*

No Chelsea cover?

*hides*

Morata will be coming in for Jesus for the next GW.

As much as I would love to have Hazard or Alonso for the upcoming run, you simply can't have everyone...

Green&Red wrote: »
    Those Pogba quotes are nonsense from Mourinho. Out of any manager he is the one that expects people to play even when he is injured.
    Pogba is one of his go to fellas and I believe he will start both games this week

The quote says we will only play 65-70, I think most assume he will start the next two games. At £8m on current form he could still be great value even if he only plays 65-70 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A bit stumped on what to do next... Already did Vardy to Wilson. 4.7m itb

Foster Elliot
    Jones Mee Naughton Duffy Daniels
    Sane Salah Gross Richarlison Carroll
    Kane Lukaku Wilson

1. Carroll to Zaha/Pogba -4
    2. Carroll to Zaha/Pogba and Jones to Mustafi/Otamendi -8
    3. Don't make any more transfers in case I decide to go for Hazard next week.

2 is tempting as it would set team up nicely for the next few weeks.

Option 3 I think.
    Jones could be worth a hit. I have him from the start so would put up with a few rests if he has not got a serious injury.

Those other options are pretty good. Zaha looks atm the only one who could cost more.

Waiting gives you more time for Pog/Luk, Haz/Morata and perhaps a Chelsea defender could become a consideration.

Cartman78 wrote: »

2) Vardy & Surman out for Wilson & Pogba £0.0 ITB

Option 1 looks sensible once you have cover for Kiko in the following two GWs.

If Speroni starts we can probably assume he's nailed.

• Advertisement

@ FutureGuy

Solid save for me.

Advertisement