Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

ElTel wrote: »
    Option 1 looks sensible once you have cover for Kiko in the following two GWs.

If Speroni starts we can probably assume he's nailed.

Cheers Terry - Option 1 is sensible alright I think....I want to hold my extra FT for another week or 2 to inevitably get Chelsea & ManU cover in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

A LOT of people going to get caught out tonight and Tuesday
    And not a gameweek Thread in sight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Feck it think I'll keep and bench Jones and just play Mee, Naughton and Daniels. What could possibly go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

km79 wrote: »
    A LOT of people going to get caught out tonight and Tuesday
    And not a gameweek Thread in sight

Def, I consider myself fairly obsessive about this game and I only clocked today in one of the threads that it was a Friday night kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. I'm facing a tactical formation issue. Current team is
    DDG Elliot
    Daniels Trippier Jones Mee (Gamez)
    Sané Salah D.Silva Surman (Carroll)
    Kane Lukaku Abraham

1. Cement 3-4-3 with 3 premium forwards.
    D.Silva to Gross/Richarlison/Zaha & Abraham to Vardy or Firmino (the only 2 I can afford - £8.7m-£9.1m ITB).

2. Try 3-5-2. Abraham -> Niasse & Carroll -> Zaha. I'm £0.1m short currently but it's an easy £0.1m to find.

I've a mid-term plan in head. Let's say up to and for Christmas. What do you guys thinK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Finally transferred out Mbemba. It feels good.

Andy King the last one on the dud list to cull.

The two of them and Suttner absolute disaster picks in my wildy 5 weeks or so back. Will remember that as a lesson to not go too cheap on the bench, although some bad luck with Suttner I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Feck it think I'll keep and bench Jones and just play Mee, Naughton and Daniels. What could possibly go wrong

Daniels, Wimmer and Moreno here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    DDG Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Abraham

D.Silva to Gross/Richarlison/Zaha & Abraham to Vardy or Firmino (the only 2 I can afford - £8.7m-£9.1m ITB).

2. Try 3-5-2. Abraham -> Niasse & Carroll -> Zaha. I'm £0.1m short currently but it's an easy £0.1m to find.

I've a mid-term plan in head. Let's say up to and for Christmas. What do you guys thinK?

I've never been a fan of 3 premium forwards and certainly wouldn't be now that a lot of the mids are starting to show form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mooy/Vardy to Pogba/Wilson, good move for -4?

I've never been a fan of 3 premium forwards and certainly wouldn't be now that a lot of the mids are starting to show form.
    Me neither but I can't find any worthy mid-term 3rd cheap forward. And I always feel like reacting to one having a blinder than anything else... Thought Anraham was gonna be the one but he's done nothing lately and now is injured...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

My Everton gamble/experiment/insanity is over and decided against investing in Kenny.

Out: Rooney/Rosenoir
    In: Wilson/Simpson

Probably would have held off on the hit if I realised the short turn around time for GW14.

With Cedric long gone, Bavies will be next to see the door in the coming days.

What are people's thinking on Mariappa?
    Was his gametime at the weekend due to injuries?

@samuelluckhurst: Paul Pogba didn’t arrive with #mufc teammates at The Lowry. No sign of Luke Shaw, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sexy transfer for me this week:

Lowe -> Wes Morgan

Going to wildcard before the next GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    @samuelluckhurst: Paul Pogba didn’t arrive with #mufc teammates at The Lowry

373,494 transfers in this week. And counting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Jones to Otamendi for a hit in the end. Long term move plus it means i won't have to play Naughton this week so this pleases me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

3 transfers for me this week & another -8.

Jones -> Mee
    Aguero -> Wilson
    Carroll -> Hazard

Tired of the will he/won't he conundrum with Pep and Aguero so just decided to cut my losses.

I think I'm getting a bit too used to the odd points hit every week or two.

@samuelluckhurst: Wouldn't necessarily take Pogba's absence as confirmation he's out. Others also not accounted for and Mourinho told MUTV Pogba would start. #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Had 2 free transfers again this gameweek. I'd planned on getting in Pogba as well as Sané but with Mourinho saying he'll be managing his minutes I decided against bringing him in. I just did Dilva to Sané there and mulling over whether to do Maguire to Smalling as I fancy United to keep a clean sheet.

EDIT: Maguire to Smalling done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Morzadec wrote: »
    Finally transferred out Mbemba. It feels good.

Only got rid of him and might need to get him back to fit Hazard in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sexy transfer for me this week:

Lowe -> Wes Morgan

Going to wildcard before the next GW

Lascelles -> Lowton during the week. Mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Super glam Stones>Dann. Feel like such a show off going with that sort of fancy move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jimmii wrote: »
    Super glam Stones>Dann. Feel like such a show off going with that sort of fancy move.

Fancy Dann, in fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fancy Dann, in fact

I take it you've never seen him play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just realised I have ended up with 3 players from City, Pool and Palace this weekend - not sure if I like this now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fancy Dann, in fact

Dammit how did I miss that!

iroced wrote: »
    DDG Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Abraham

Ended up going for 2.
    Carroll + Abraham -> Zaha + Crouch for -4.

Not that pleased with the "bench -4" that I would have saved had I gone early on Sané last GW but well it was now or never for Zaha. Surman becomes my 5th mid and Niasse will replace Crouch when back. That should hopefully give me a strong playing squad for Christmas.

Next are: sorting defense out and... David Silva. As much as I like him, FPL-wise he's becoming a conundrum. Decent consistent returns but never explosive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

2 clean sheets in 2 weeks for Charlie Daniels, delighted I brought him in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

PVA wrote: »

Yeah, brought him in on my GW10 wildcard. Benched him the first week, and he's returned 6-8-6 in the last 3 weeks. Very happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »

Soon as he dropped .1 people started buying him, had back to back clean sheets and now rose again

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yeah, brought him in on my GW10 wildcard. Benched him the first week, and he's returned 6-8-6 in the last 3 weeks. Very happy with that.

Gw5
    Bournemouth were losing but only by the odd goal
    Time for him to chip in with some attacking points now

Advertisement