Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

There was a few reports that Luiz went through the warm ups like a guy that didnt give a toss.

If he goes down that route too much he'll have a very short return to the Bridge, Conte will sling his hook and yes, Christensen is a superstar in the making. Hes already good but theres another level or two left in this lad.

Taken from Chelsea thread

I can’t afford to update foster to courtois
    Bavies to Christensen on the other hand......will see over next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fab
    Daniels Jones Wimmer
    Salah Hazard Richarlison Sane
    Kane Jesus Sakho

Nordvelt Atsu Moreno Francis

I removed Bavies for Daniels with my FT.

I want Morata.
    So do I sell Kane for 12.7 or Jesus in the hope of delaying the WC?

Aguero to Niasse done, leaving me 6.8m (other strikers Lukaku and Kane).

My Midfield is Gross, Atsu, TPT, Dilva and Salah. I want to strengthen it in two moves.
    Atsu to Sané leaves me with just under 3m
    What should my other move be? I am thinking either Gross to Pogba or TPT to Zaha/Richarlison.

I'd agree with km79 for balance reasons but RLC and Pogba (say) might be worth the extra transfer in a future week.

ElTel wrote: »
    Fab
    Daniels Jones Wimmer
    Salah Hazard Richarlison Sane
    Kane Jesus Sakho

Nordvelt Atsu Moreno Francis

I removed Bavies for Daniels with my FT.

I want Morata.
    So do I sell Kane for 12.7 or Jesus in the hope of delaying the WC?

I couldn’t sell Kane. He’s in for the season. Unless we get reports that the strapping is an injury that is holding hm back. It could very well be. He doesn’t look in full flow at all.

Jesus will be in and out and I can’t be having that anymore.

You have City cover in Sane.

Edit - that said I expect Jesus to start next week so depends how urgently you want Morata in.

As part of my ongoing major weekly hits I’m faced with a decision I made 3 weeks ago but I’m finding it hard to go through with it now.

My team is -

DDG, Elliott

Alonso, Daniels, Dann, Gomez, Martina

Salah, Sane, Richarlison, Zaha, RLC

Kane, Morata, Niasse

My next move was going to be RLC & DDG for Sterling & Speroni.

I’m hesitating now though as I could just go RLC to Ramsey as I have enough money itb.

I wanted double City 3 weeks ago and it’s obvious that Sterling has the potential to score very big whereas Ramsey is a drip feed of steady points and will go double digits occasionally. He is also more injury prone.

So I suppose it’s Speroni & Sterling or DDG & Ramsey ?

You could go Zaha/Rich to Sterling perhaps!

When at least one of Jones or Bailly are in the defence United will be more secure so DDG is a "keeper" for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I couldn’t sell Kane. He’s in for the season. Unless we get reports that the strapping is an injury that is holding hm back. It could very well be. He doesn’t look in full flow at all.

Not only is he not in full flow - he's gotten sub early in the last 2 games. Spurs are nothing without him so he probably hasn't got the rest that he should have.

It's a risky option but I'm still holding off on him until he gets his goal scoring boots back on.

Going to see how long I can hold off, but looking at the following for a -12

Dann to Dunk
    Jagielka to Klavan
    Cork to Hazard
    Firmino to Niasse

Which will leave me with

Elliott/Myhill
    Dunk, Klavan, Gomez, Mariappa, Ward
    Hazard, Sane, Salah, Zaha, Mahrez
    Aguero, Jesus, Niasse

And then following weekend I'm thinking of Aguero/Jesus to Morata/Lukaku - either both or 1 of them.

You could go Zaha/Rich to Sterling perhaps!

When at least one of Jones or Bailly are in the defence United will be more secure so DDG is a "keeper" for me.

I’m currently solid on Salah, Zaha and Richarlison so I want to keep them.

DDG and Ramsey look the obvious choice but when I started this reshuffle 3 weeks ago my plan was Speroni and Sterling.

That meant I could stay away from City striker rotation and have Sane and Sterling.

I’m currently solid on Salah, Zaha and Richarlison so I want to keep them.

DDG and Ramsey look the obvious choice but when I started this reshuffle 3 weeks ago my plan was Speroni and Sterling.

That meant I could stay away from City striker rotation and have Sane and Sterling.

I hear you.
    I suppose the thoughts of playing two Palace midfielders is jarring.
    The alternative is to beef up a defender and then give yourself the added selection dilemma of 4 at the back.

I hear you.
    I suppose the thoughts of playing two Palace midfielders is jarring.
    The alternative is to beef up a defender and then give yourself the added selection dilemma of 4 at the back.

You’re bang on. I keep looking at the fact I’m happy to have two Palace midfielders yet I think they’re worth it.

If taking in Ramsey or Sterling then I’d be selling RLC and be going 3-5-2 with Niasse first sub or at least a decent defender.

Final piece of jigsaw is replacing Martina next week to have a strong 15 and I’ll have at least 4.4m.

I’d be more than happy to run with Dunk or Simpson at 4.4m or possibly even Chilwell at 4.3m if he nails it down.

• Advertisement

10 maybe even all 11 of my team play in the 3pms next Saturday !!!!
    Soccer Saturday with their stupid inaccurate shouting will be heartbreaking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Just looked at Chelsea's fixtures from next week to the end of the year...

29 Nov 19:45 14 Swansea (H)
    02 Dec 12:30 15 Newcastle (H)
    09 Dec 12:30 16 West Ham (A)
    12 Dec 20:00 17 Huddersfield (A)
    16 Dec 15:00 18 Southampton (H)
    23 Dec 12:30 19 Everton (A)
    26 Dec 15:00 20 Brighton (H)
    30 Dec 15:00 21 Stoke (H)

That is an insanely good run with two home fixtures after Christmas against Brighton and Stoke. Morata is a must have, and I'm starting to worry about Hazard. There is huge clean sheet potential over those 8 games too

PVA wrote: »
    Just looked at Chelsea's fixtures from next week to the end of the year...

29 Nov 19:45 14 Swansea (H)
    02 Dec 12:30 15 Newcastle (H)
    09 Dec 12:30 16 West Ham (A)
    12 Dec 20:00 17 Huddersfield (A)
    16 Dec 15:00 18 Southampton (H)
    23 Dec 12:30 19 Everton (A)
    26 Dec 15:00 20 Brighton (H)
    30 Dec 15:00 21 Stoke (H)

That is an insanely good run with two home fixtures after Christmas against Brighton and Stoke. Morata is a must have, and I'm starting to worry about Hazard. There is huge clean sheet potential over those 8 games too
    Yep
    Moratta In for lukaku after this weekend
    I’m even considering a double up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Going to see how long I can hold off, but looking at the following for a -12

Dann to Dunk
    Jagielka to Klavan
    Cork to Hazard
    Firmino to Niasse

Which will leave me with

Elliott/Myhill
    Dunk, Klavan, Gomez, Mariappa, Ward
    Hazard, Sane, Salah, Zaha, Mahrez
    Aguero, Jesus, Niasse

And then following weekend I'm thinking of Aguero/Jesus to Morata/Lukaku - either both or 1 of them.

Doubling up on Liverpool defenders craaazzy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Kane is really starting to f*** me off for his price tag and with him looking as if he may not be 100% and a lot of fixtures coming up meaning he won't be guaranteed 90 mins I'm debating to give him one more chance this weekend or give up now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Eriksen + Stones to Hazard + Mee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kane is really starting to f*** me off for his price tag and with him looking as if he may not be 100% and a lot of fixtures coming up meaning he won't be guaranteed 90 mins I'm debating to give him one more chance this weekend or give up now
    Was thinking the same but I think in the long term he'll deliver plenty of big scores. Unless he gets a bad injury or suspension I'll prob have him for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Indeed....especially 2 that aren't necessarily first choice.

Moreno is the only one I'd tentatively recommend (I have him myself)....reasonably cheap, reasonably nailed on and has more attacking potential than the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Jesus v Aguero talk from pep has me contemplating a -8 hit! My team needs some serious work to set it up for over xmas

Thinking Kun, Doucoure, Tom Carroll --> Sane, Pogba, Wilson - have 0.1 spare so can take one price rise for sane.

Have never done a -8 before :eek:

or might just do a -4 Kun & Carroll -- > Pogba/Sane (leaning to Pogba) and Wilson and then get Sane in the week after. Really want him in for Saints & W Ham at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You have not lived :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

The Jesus v Aguero talk from pep has me contemplating a -8 hit! My team needs some serious work to set it up for over xmas

Thinking Kun, Doucoure, Tom Carroll --> Sane, Pogba, Wilson - have 0.1 spare so can take one price rise for sane.

or might just do a -4 Kun & Carroll -- > Pogba/Sane (leaning to Pogba) and Wilson and then get Sane in the week after. Really want him in for Saints & W Ham at home.

Looking at a very similar move. The only thing that worries me is whether Wilson will be rotated a lot. He's just back from injury and they have Defoe, King, Afobe in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

mectavba wrote: »
    Looking at a very similar move. The only thing that worries me is whether Wilson will be rotated a lot. He's just back from injury and they have Defoe, King, Afobe in that position.

Thanks - that's a good shout alright, though none of them have been setting the world alight so think Wilson might be ok for a few games anyway and then I can always move him on.

Arrrggghhh rotation this year is wrecking my head :mad:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Indeed....especially 2 that aren't necessarily first choice.

Moreno is the only one I'd tentatively recommend (I have him myself)....reasonably cheap, reasonably nailed on and has more attacking potential than the others.

While I would normally agree, the chances are at least one of them will play. And that was fitting Hazard into my team. Obv can't afford Moreno.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    While I would normally agree, the chances are at least one of them will play. And that was fitting Hazard into my team. Obv can't afford Moreno.

Fair enough...I'd say we'd all endure having Klavan in our squad if it meant getting Hazard in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking like Eriksen - Pogba.

Can't help but feel Eriksen is due a haul.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looking like Eriksen - Pogba.

Can't help but feel Eriksen is due a haul.

He got one last Tuesday - that will do him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They say that -8's are like a gateway drug. Before you know it you'll be on a slippery slope taking -12's and -16's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rikand wrote: »
    They say that -8's are like a gateway drug. Before you know it you'll be on a slippery slope taking -12's and -16's

Glorious, glorious -16's

The Free Hit is basically methadone

• Advertisement

Right looking at this again - not sold on Niaase - future playing time being the issue, so i'm looking at doing the following over next few GW's - thoughts

Dann to Dunk
    Jagielka to Simpson
    Cork to KDB
    Aguero to Morata
    Jesus to Vardy

Will leave me with

Elliott/Myhill
    Dunk, Ward, Simpson, Mariappa, Gomez
    KDB, Sane, Salah, Zaha, Mahrez
    Vardy, Firmino, Morata.

I quite like that top 8 - although who to drop would be an issue.

Advertisement