Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Right looking at this again - not sold on Niaase - future playing time being the issue, so i'm looking at doing the following over next few GW's - thoughts

Dann to Dunk
    Jagielka to Simpson
    Cork to KDB
    Aguero to Morata
    Jesus to Vardy

Will leave me with

Elliott/Myhill
    Dunk, Ward, Simpson, Mariappa, Gomez
    KDB, Sane, Salah, Zaha, Mahrez
    Vardy, Firmino, Morata.

I quite like that top 8 - although who to drop would be an issue.

I wouldn't be going with two Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Everton’s Oumar Niasse charged with 'successful deception of a match official' against Crystal Palace. He has until 6pm tonight to respond and faces a 2-match ban if found guilty https://t.co/Imd9CHgej0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    Everton’s Oumar Niasse charged with 'successful deception of a match official' against Crystal Palace. He has until 6pm tonight to respond and faces a 2-match ban if found guilty https://t.co/Imd9CHgej0

I think that noise you all hear is the sizzling of many burnt fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Wilson /niasse debate over for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Phewww. Lucky escape there. Had my finger on the trigger last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think that noise you all hear is the sizzling of many burnt fingers

123,780 fingers to be exact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »

Could they not wait til he rose again so I could profit first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

oh fck off. Last week I brought in Jones before he got injured for a -4

This week I brought in Niasse before he went up in price, also included in a -4

This game . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Downgrade one

Vertonghen
    Monreal
    Otamendi

I'm thinking Vertonghen, he's a solid defender but offers no attacking potential.

Did it really take them 3 days to decide it was a dive ?

Have they all talked ‘off camera’ and decided to make an example and now is a good time as it’s low profile foreigner ?

Disgraceful it took this long to charge him. I can only assume the already know what the result of the panel will be.

FWIW I didn’t think it was a dive. There was contact and he went down and how many times have we heard ‘there was contact and once that happens the forward is entitled to go down’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Have they all talked ‘off camera’ and decided to make an example and now is a good time as it’s low profile foreigner ?

Disgraceful it took this long to charge him. I can only assume the already know what the result of the panel will be.

FWIW I didn’t think it was a dive. There was contact and he went down and how many times have we heard ‘there was contact and once that happens the forward is entitled to go down’.

Think he probably deserves to be charged, but yeah, surprised it took until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He could challenge it. Show the video where he is hit. We shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Surprised he's been charged having seen it. It was a harsh penalty but I did think there was enough contact to dispute it as a dive. I'm all for going after divers but thought they could have gone after a more definite case. I seem to recall Bale diving at Anfield years ago with little or no fuss purely ridicule.

dsmythy wrote: »
    He could challenge it. Show the video where he is hit. We shall see.

That’s not how these kind of people work.

They’ve made their mind up already as far as I’m concerned.

Once the player is charged then I expect the panel to do what they’re told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Did a double FT last night. Yoshida and Lowe out for Kolasinac and Daniels. Bit of a risk ahead of EL on Thursday but anyway.

May take a -4 if Abraham is out for Wilson - but hate doing -4s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

callaway92 wrote: »
    oh fck off. Last week I brought in Jones before he got injured for a -4

This week I brought in Niasse before he went up in price, also included in a -4

This game . . .
    quote-fool-me-once-shame-on-shame-on-you-fool-me-you-can-t-get-fooled-again-george-w-bush-91-40-81.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Probably not a discussion for this forum but I don't agree with this at all. It is possible for there to be contact AND for it to be a dive. Thats why the charge is for 'deception'.

If the panel decide that the actual challenge didn't warrant a penalty (and it clearly does not) then its fair to conclude that the only reason it was given was due to Niasse reaction, where he went down as if hit by a clothes line.

Other players probably would have gotten away with it, but the problem is them not getting 'done', not with Niasse being charged.

Benimar wrote: »
    Probably not a discussion for this forum but I don't agree with this at all. It is possible for there to be contact AND for it to be a dive. Thats why the charge is for 'deception'.

If the panel decide that the actual challenge didn't warrant a penalty (and it clearly does not) then its fair to conclude that the only reason it was given was due to Niasse reaction, where he went down as if hit by a clothes line.

Other players probably would have gotten away with it, but the problem is them not getting 'done', not with Niasse being charged.

I’m confused. I think I agree with you.

The point I’m making is that the people judging are influenced by who the player is.

The line ‘there was contact and he is entitled to go down’ would be applied to some players and not others.

Harry Kane ‘wins’ that penalty. Niasse deceives/dives for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m confused. I think I agree with you.

The point I’m making is that the people judging are influenced by who the player is.

The line ‘there was contact and he is entitled to go down’ would be applied to some players and not others.

Harry Kane ‘wins’ that penalty. Niasse cheats/dives for it.

We do agree to a point.

I just think the problem is Kane (or whoever) getting off, not Niasse getting charged. I think its a blatant dive and he deserves his ban, but if Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge do the same they should get the exact same punishment.

It won't happen unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My transfer in of Niasse was a bigger fail than Jones in last week.

Now need to sort out Stones, Jones & Niasse.

Might go full PVA with a -16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everton are like that club where they see all the big teams doing something so then they go ahead and do it, and then they get punished :pac:

Couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

My understanding is they review all possible offences once the GW is over so they had to wait until today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Phewww. Lucky escape there. Had my finger on the trigger last night.

as did I.

patience seems to be a virtue this season. last season early transfers never backfired. totally different this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Currently have 2 FT and 0.5 in the bank with the following

Speroni/Elliot

Dann Ward Otamendi Dunk Daniels

Salah Richarlison Carroll KDB Choupo-Moting

Kane Morata Firmino

Tempted to offload Otamendi as I think City will really struggle at the back without Stones, but their fixtures just seem too favourable in the immediate future. Would like to find a way to get a Chelsea defender in there though, Cahill is probably my go to (Rudiger and Zap both 0.3 cheaper but not sure of certain starts. Not sure if I need to make anymore changes, might just let the transfer go this week and re-evaluate the Kane situation after this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Quick question, if Niasse doesn't bother lodging an appeal, can I submit one on his behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

wardides wrote: »
    Currently have 2 FT and 0.5 in the bank with the following

Speroni/Elliot

Dann Ward Otamendi Dunk Daniels

Salah Richarlison Carroll KDB Choupo-Moting

Kane Morata Firmino

Tempted to offload Otamendi as I think City will really struggle at the back without Stones, but their fixtures just seem too favourable in the immediate future. Would like to find a way to get a Chelsea defender in there though, Cahill is probably my go to (Rudiger and Zap both 0.3 cheaper but not sure of certain starts. Not sure if I need to make anymore changes, might just let the transfer go this week and re-evaluate the Kane situation after this weekend.

I'd either do ward to tarkowski/mee or Carroll to rlc rather than let the transfer go to waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd either do ward to tarkowski/mee or Carroll to rlc rather than let the transfer go to waste.

yes id agree
    Id go carroll to RLC especially as you dont have zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Tried to be "clever" and brought in Mane over Salah last week which backfired spectacularly. Would you go Mane > Salah now if it were you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tried to be "clever" and brought in Mane over Salah last week which backfired spectacularly. Would you go Mane > Salah now if it were you?

It's so hard to know. Salah has to stop scoring at the rate he is at some point....... doesn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No point IMO. But easy for me to say while owning Salah. Mané will score big soon though.

Advertisement