Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

Comments

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Thinking of

Aguero Mbemba & Can out

Wilson Walker & Pogba In

Thoughts?

Looks good to me.

Getting rid of 3 non starters to 3 starters and currently high scoring players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looks good to me.

Getting rid of 3 non starters to 3 starters and currently high scoring players.

Leaves with only Kane upfront premium wise (Wilson and Murray)

Silva Coutinho hazard pogba midfield

And probably too much in defence

Walker Alonso jones Gomez mee

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Leaves with only Kane upfront premium wise (Wilson and Murray)

And probably too much in defence

Cut be time to cut Jones loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Thinking Aguero > Abraham/Wilson and Obiang > Pogba.

Not sure who is the best cheap option. Wilson after his hat-trick looks the obvious one and they have great fixtures. But I would be worried about him keeping his place. I'll be moving to a strong front 8, so perhaps not so big a problem!

Sticking with Jones this week. Calling Jose's bluff. I have four other playing defenders anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cut be time to cut Jones loose.

Maybe a move the following GW. Have enough GW cover with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    Thinking Aguero > Abraham/Wilson and Obiang > Pogba.

Not sure who is the best cheap option. Wilson after his hat-trick looks the obvious one and they have great fixtures. But I would be worried about him keeping his place. I'll be moving to a strong front 8, so perhaps not so big a problem!

Sticking with Jones this week. Calling Jose's bluff. I have four other playing defenders anyway.

I’m sick of calling Jose’s bluff with jones
    And it’s onky going to get worse with more games and rojo and Bailly back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chesty08 wrote:

Chesty08 wrote:

Looks like the kinda team that doing very well this year. I wouldn't change much at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So I've to get Luiz out and am using that money to finally get rid of richie
    Luiz -> Mee/Moreno/Simpson
    Richie - > Pogba

Is it worth a -4 for getting Jesus in for Aguero for one gameweek.
    Monday I'll be moving him on again to afford Hazard in midfield for another -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Green&Red wrote: »
    Richie - > Pogba

While pattern wise it would make sense that Jesus plays the weekend are we really certain of this?

When I offload Aguero this week, or another, then that will be me wiping my hands of the two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Richie - > Pogba

If I was taking a hit for a one week gamble, I would want to be very certain they would be starting.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    While pattern wise it would make sense that Jesus plays the weekend are we really certain of this?

When I offload Aguero this week or another then that will be me wiping my hands of the two of them.

My thinking is that I dont want another GW where Aguero is warming my bench. If I get someone in who gets more than 5 then I'm probably in profit. Could bring in Jesus and captain him

Is Jesus not surely sure of starting?

My thinking is that I dont want another GW where Aguero is warming my bench. If I get someone in who gets more than 5 then I'm probably in profit. Could bring in Jesus and captain him

The downside is massive though... what if Aguero starts and goes nuts only for Jesus to come on for a 1 point cameo.

Neither Jesus or Aguero are good captain choices these days imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

In theory the pattern is he will play. He seems to play away games with Aguero playing homes. Also Aguero playing midweek. Like I say in theory Jesus plays but nobody can be certain.

Fantasy football can f**k right off

....Let me introduce Pep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

No. No he is not...

If you are definitely set on bringing in a FW Lukaku/Kane/Morata all safer options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Currently have:

DDG, Elliott
    Jones(inj), Davies (rotation), Naughton (Swansea!), Ward (v Arsenal), Duffy (at Man U)
    Salah, Silva, Brady (muck), Ritchie (muck), RLC (surprisingly ok)
    Kane, Vardy (not scoring), Aguero (expensive likely non-starter)

1FT and WC long gone. The only question this week is the size of the hit!

Jones has to go as I need a starting defender this week, i don't fancy playing Duffy. Aguero is out too, but I think its a week too early for Morata, but might have to do it anyway.

I probably should replace Davies, but might risk Ward. One of Brady/Ritchie needs to be upgraded, and Vardy probably survives due to other concerns.

Oh, I also want to try get Sane into my team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Play Gross at Old Trafford or do Tom Carroll to Pogba for -4? Tempted to take the hit, can't see Brighton doing much and Pogba could easily wipe out that hit. I'd like to get him in before the inevitable rises too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nope, and don't call me Shirley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Richie - > Pogba

I'd just move aguero to a striker you want to keep.

• Advertisement

I'd just move aguero to a striker you want to keep.

Doesn't really fit
    I'm getting Niasse in to fund Hazard. I can't play him this weekend if hes suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Play Gross at Old Trafford or do Tom Carroll to Pogba for -4? Tempted to take the hit, can't see Brighton doing much and Pogba could easily wipe out that hit. I'd like to get him in before the inevitable rises too.

I'd take the -4. United have only conceded once at home all season.

You could be looking at a Gross point blank...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Doesn't really fit
    I'm getting Niasse in to fund Hazard. I can't play him this weekend if hes suspended

Can you get Wilson and then fit in hazard. If not I'd nearly just hold aguero until you can get niasse .

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Morata.

With Chelsea playing tonight in CL and again in two weeks at Athletico.

Question, Is Morata going to play the two potentially high scoring Premier league games inbetween??

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Morata.

With Chelsea playing tonight in CL and again in two weeks at Athletico.

Question, Is Morata going to play the two potentially high scoring Premier league games inbetween??

He'll play but probably be subbed for Batman is my guess

Can you get Wilson and then fit in hazard. If not I'd nearly just hold aguero until you can get niasse .

No but if I go for another -8 on Monday I could, not a bad idea plus Wilson doesn't have a bad fixture this weekend

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 2FT's and don't know where to start :confused:

Speroni | Elliot

Yoshida | Duffy | Ward | Moreno | Daniels

Zaha | Richarlison | Sane | Salah | Surman

Vardy | Kane | Jesus

£1.3M ITB

* No ManU or Chelsea cover is the obvious issue
    - I can do Vardy to Wilson & Surman to Pogba.....but it feels a bit predictable :(
    - Also thinking maybe dump Yoshida for Yedlin, and then go Elliot to DDG :confused:

Any feedback appreciated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m considering Scott Dann in for Phil Jones to free up some cash for attacking improvements. That seems insane. Is it insane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

CSF wrote: »
    I’m considering Scott Dann in for Phil Jones to free up some cash for attacking improvements. That seems insane. Is it insane?

Ya there's so many better choices. Getting Dann I'd assume you have in your head you're hoping he'll sneak a goal or two.

It's Palace though. Avoid, honestly

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Yes. You are banking on him getting a goal which he hasn't done in a long time. Palace dont look like they are going to keep a CS anytime soon

Advertisement