Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

callaway92 wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    I’m considering Scott Dann in for Phil Jones to free up some cash for attacking improvements. That seems insane. Is it insane?

Ya there's so many better choices. Getting Dann I'd assume you have in your head you're hoping he'll sneak a goal or two.

It's Palace though. Avoid, honestly
    Suggestions in the 4.7 million and under bracket that you’d be inclined to start this week?

Palace’s fixtures turn something fierce, Dann will be a serious goal threat and Hodgson knows how to get a defence going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Palace do have good fixtures coming up - a reason to give Zaha as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

So 90 mins for Ageuro last night. Was hoping to bank and give him one more week but will probably have to ditch.

Anyone keeping him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Morzadec wrote: »
    So 90 mins for Ageuro last night. Was hoping to bank and give him one more week but will probably have to ditch.

Anyone keeping him?

They could possibly go sane aguero Jesus front 3 at the weekend with sterling missing out.

Anyone keeping him?

It's a right pain in the hole - he could easily get a hattrick this weekend, and then we're still in the same boat come Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Had my eyes set on Zaha as my 5th mid in a 3-5-2, but Gros and Choupo-Moting make it a difficult decision... could use the extra funds in defence with Jones crocked.

Difficult decision tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

So 90 mins for Ageuro last night.  Was hoping to bank and give him one more week but will probably have to ditch.

Anyone keeping him?

No....I'm selling him for a cheap mid and will upgrade the midfield.

I haven't given up on Aguero/Jesus just yet though, but probably until after New Year. It seems the Mendy injury/Delph playing LB has changed how Pep is setting the team up. Another injury somewhere could change this, or them signing a new LB in Jan. Always the chance that Aguero/Jesus picks up a longish injury too. In which case the other becomes a must have.

Aguero/Jesus....we just need a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Best alternative to Niasse lads?

PVA wrote: »
    Had my eyes set on Zaha as my 5th mid in a 3-5-2, but Gros and Choupo-Moting make it a difficult decision... could use the extra funds in defence with Jones crocked.

Difficult decision tbh

Look at Palace's game up to xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Look at Palace's game up to xmas

I’m thinking I may chance Dann yet
    Or
    Pva ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Best alternative to Niasse lads?

Probably Murray but risky and maybe not this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gomez likely to be rested, Jones out, Aguero probably will be rested... Brought in Francis last week only for him to get suspended.

It's a constant struggle to get eleven players out there even taking points hits every week!

I'm thinking Jones and Mbemba (finally) out for a 4 point hit, likely Scott Dann and maybe Yedlin in this week.

Then next week probably Aguero and Andy King out for Hazard and a cheap striker for another hit.

Constantly putting band aids on my team, it's really not good :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I am one of the unlucky ones who already got Niasse in for Aguero. I think I will just go ahead with the planned -8 to upgrade the midfield and leave him on the Bench for 2 weeks.
    Hopefully a strong front 7 of Sane (in for Atau), Salah, Dilva, Gross, Zaha (in for TPT), Kane and Lukaku all play over the next 2 weeks. At least I avoid the headache of who to bench.

I'll leave the Zaha and Sane transfers until Friday evening just in case something else happens before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Many people getting in Pogba?

I'm on WC and have Sane and Dilva, but thinking of bringing in Pogba for Dilva. I have no Lukaku so would be doing it just for United attacking cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

Having the exact same issue. I think I will go with Pogba. Hes likely to play as a 10 a few times over the next while as the United fixtures become more difficult which should free him up even further to get in the box more. I also have Sane and think he is probably enough City for me at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Many people getting in Pogba?

I'm on WC and have Sane and Dilva, but thinking of bringing in Pogba for Dilva. I have no Lukaku so would be doing it just for United attacking cover.

I'm gonna leave him a few weeks. I have Lukaku for this weekend. I Plan to switch him to Marat next week and then either switch Dilva or Zaha to Pogba after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Pogba has 3 goals already this season. 2 more and he matches his tally for last season. The most he has scored in a league season is 8.

I’m either missing something or he gets loads of assists or whatever but on his goal returns he’s not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If you taking Aguero out you have to do it this GW.

There is no way you could take him out with 2 very favourable home ties coming up then (1 a midweek game)

I'm contemplating holding off now.

Aguero Mbemba and Can

Walker, Pogba and Wilson

Big decisions to make!

OnDraught wrote: »
    Pogba has 3 goals already this season. 2 more and he matches his tally for last season. The most he has scored in a league season is 8.

I’m either missing something or he gets loads of assists or whatever but on his goal returns he’s not very good.

Serie A - look at Salah's record
    Defensive team last year
    Matic
    Better form

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Serie A - look at Salah's record
    Defensive team last year
    Matic
    Better form

Yeah, maybe. I think it’s more wishful thinking from Utd fans though. I wouldn’t be rushing to get him in anyway.

Salah scored 14 and 15 goals in his two seasons in Italy. They’re great numbers compared to Pogba.

• Advertisement

OnDraught wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe. I think it’s more wishful thinking from Utd fans though. I wouldn’t be rushing to get him in anyway.

Salah scored 14 and 15 goals in his two seasons in Italy. They’re great numbers compared to Pogba.

He is already on those numbers this season.

Perhaps there are more goals scored in the PL than Serie A, Pogba's output should increase also!

Btw I'm a Liverpool fan, Pogba created a lot of chances last season and was unlucky not to score more.

Perhaps there are more goals scored in the PL than Serie A, Pogba's output should increase also!

Btw I'm a Liverpool fan, Pogba created a lot of chances last season and was unlucky not to score more.

And he is almost certainly on pens unless ibra is on pitch

No he’s not. He has 9. He also has 9 under Klopp compared to what Pogba has to contend with under Mourinho. You might well be right but if Pogba gets more than 8 goals this season I will be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    And he is almost certainly on pens unless ibra is on pitch

Let's assume United top their group tonight. Do you think he starts Saturday (home against BHA) and Tuesday (Watford away) before Arsenal the following Saturday?

Of course he's tempting especially if one is going without Lukaku but I'd be worried his minutes will be managed in the easier games coming up.

Matic on for Pogba after 66 mins according to Flashscore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I was very sceptical on pogba at the start of the season but think he will prove to be good value. Utd are much better as an attacking force this year. I think he will play every game in the league over the Xmas. Mourinho always has a couple of go too men that he always plays and pogba and matic seem to be them. I'm looking at getting him after the city game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ElTel wrote: »
    Let's assume United top their group tonight. Do you think he starts Saturday (home against BHA) and Tuesday (Watford away) before Arsenal the following Saturday?

Of course he's tempting especially if one is going without Lukaku but I'd be worried his minutes will be managed in the easier games coming up.

I want him. But I share your concern over immediate fixtures. I can't believe for a second that he's starting 5 games in such quick succession after just returning from serious injury. He starts one of Brighton or Watford on the bench for me. Because he's absolutely starting v Arsenal we know that

manual_man wrote: »
    I want him. But I share your concern over immediate fixtures. I can't believe for a second that he's starting 5 games in such quick succession after just returning from serious injury. He starts one of Brighton or Watford on the bench for me. Because he's absolutely starting v Arsenal we know that

Think I'll be waiting till after city game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »

He was replaced on 69 minutes against Newcastle and on 65 minutes tonight. I think he'll start all the upcoming games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He was replaced on 69 minutes against Newcastle and on 65 minutes tonight. I think he'll start all the upcoming games.

Well I suppose yeah maybe with the minutes in mind

• Advertisement

8 point hit and I still have Alli and not salah!!!! I badly need spurs to play like spurs again

Advertisement