Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot upgrade RAM

Options
  • 18-11-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought two different sets of RAM so I can upgrade my PC to 16GB than 8GB. These are of the Corsair Vengeance series, one set had a clock speed of 1866mhz (which was faster than my speed of 1600mhz) whilst the other had a clock speed of 1600mhz) and both were DDR3. I had the 1866mhz set first and tried to upgrade. However, when I put the RAM in, my desktop gives me this ongoing beep sound when I turn it on. At the same time, my monitor says that there is no signal. I thought it might have been down to the fact that I would have to overclock the speed to make it work or else buy another set but at my actual clock speed. I went for buying the other set than taking the risk in overclocking. I tried the RAM in my desktop and guess what, it did the exact same thing as the 1866mhz set. It gave me an ongoing beep sound and monitor saying no signal. But when I put in my old RAM, my PC works fine. :confused:. Even if I put one of the new memory cards in one of the slots with my old RAM in the other slot (I have two memory slots), it will make the beep sound and no signal. The maximum RAM I can upgrade to is 16GB.

These are my PC specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz
    RAM - 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz
    Motherboard - Acer Aspire T3-710
    GPU - Intel HD Graphics 530 (hoping to upgrade this too :P)
    HDD - 1TB

I'm not an expert at all when it comes to things like this so I apologise if the problem's obvious. Do I need to get a new PC built? Or will I look for an expert out there? Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement