Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I didn't like it at first but I got used to it... It does make some things annoying but generally it works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

Can you "play one album"? ...I realise the term 'album' is probably not right, but the only thing I get in Spotofy is "Shuffle Play". I want a PLAY button -and I want it to play the next song after it next ...not anything that might be in a playlist.

Sounds like you are you using the free service. Shuffle only on mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

EdEd wrote: »
    Sounds like you are you using the free service. Shuffle only on mobile devices.

No. My wife pays. I use hers on my mobile (rarely). Generally I don't use it at all though because my daughter uses it too and has a playlist queued every time I try to do anything and the next song in that list plays next EVERY time I use it no matter what I do. I need to remove each song in that list to *then* play whatever I selected. Rubbish!

I know they want that we should have multiple accounts, but that ain't gonna happen. "Music Folder Player" is my player of choice. It's the only one I found that shows albums as laid out in my filesystem -not in a format of "their"choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

No. My wife pays. I use hers on my mobile (rarely). Generally I don't use it at all though because my daughter uses it too and has a playlist queued every time I try to do anything and the next song in that list plays next EVERY time I use it no matter what I do. I need to remove each song in that list to *then* play whatever I selected. Rubbish!

I know they want that we should have multiple accounts, but that ain't gonna happen. "Music Folder Player" is my player of choice. It's the only one I found that shows albums as laid out in my filesystem -not in a format of "their"choosing.

Going offline is the solution to your woes!!

Sign in with the paid account, open the the playlist or album you want to listed to, download it locally. go to settings and enable offline mode and your good for 29 days....

I only ever use my phone and my other half uses the desktop app at home. I wrack up tonnes of music every few days and download it, works a threat..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Can you "play one album"? ...I realise the term 'album' is probably not right, but the only thing I get in Spotofy is "Shuffle Play". I want a PLAY button -and I want it to play the next song after it next ...not anything that might be in a playlist.

You absolutely can. This is how I listen most of the time. Just select an album through the interface and hit the first track and it will play through. On the now playing page unselect shuffle to make sure it keeps the order correct. Honestly the player is very standard, nothing out of the ordinary from other interfaces I've used in the last 10 years.
    ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Yeah you just find the album, turn off shuffle and play the first song. It will then play through the album.

I understand what you mean though. It can't shuffle through just one album. That never really bothers me though

You can shuffle through just one album. Select an album through whatever means you want and select play mode to shuffle. Boom, one album shuffling away.

It might be worth having a family account, 15 quid or so for the whole family (4 accounts I think). At least you can setup your own app however you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭blade1

OK, I have another question -do people ACTUALLY like using Spotify? *WORST* user-interface known to mankind.

For €30 for the year, it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone here of any possible legal action against one plus following the stealing of customer credit card info from a few months back? Friend of mine had his card details stolen and I think what the year offered was monitoring service of his credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is anyone having problems turning on Wi-Fi today.
    It has been very unresponsive for me. I've rebooted the phone a couple of times but doesn't seem to solve the issue.

I updated a loads of apps earlier today via the Play Store so it could be related to that maybe.

Android 8.1.0 / OxygenOS 5.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No issues at all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

WIFI working fine here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭jamesd

For the last 2 days i have had the wifi turning off on its own, reboot the phone fixs it for a bit and it goes off again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

I haven't had any issues with the WiFi but have had issues trying to use Google pay. Anyone else? Nfc is on. Even when I go in and open the app to pay it still doesn't work

Google Pay works perfectly on my Oneplus 5T handset. I only use it when at a self service checkout. I tried with a regular till and the old hag serving me told me to stop wasting her time. I am sure my complaints fell on deaf ears but that's not for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

EdEd wrote: »
    Google Pay works perfectly on my Oneplus 5T handset. I only use it when at a self service checkout. I tried with a regular till and the old hag serving me told me to stop wasting her time. I am sure my complaints fell on deaf ears but that's not for this thread.

Sorry, I know its not for this thread... but I cant help myself.

Recently tried to use Google Pay in a petrol station near Naas and the gobsheen behind the counter threatened to call the cops when I refused to sign a receipt... trying to explain to him that my phone was an exact replacement for a contact payment card was like trying to punch a nine in nail into my own temple....

More on topic, do I remember OnePlus offering trade in's before?

Does the same pay limit apply to Google Pay as it does to contactless? Even when using credit card? I was trying to use it at Tesco one time but I only had my cc set up on Google Pay (didn't have my debit card on me). The staffmember kept saying there was a €30 (or whatever it was at the time) limit on contactless payments, but I was trying to say it wasn't the same as contactless, but the distinction was lost on him. Then on me.

?

Reading these replies I think businesses need to train their staff on the newer ways of paying for items :pac:
    Wanton wrote: »
    More on topic, do I remember OnePlus offering trade in's before?

They have but it wasn't worth it. They offered very poor value.
    Does the same pay limit apply to Google Pay as it does to contactless?

I always assumed there was no limit. I haven't tried to pay anything more than €30 but I am sure I have heard of people paying more using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does the same pay limit apply to Google Pay as it does to contactless? Even when using credit card? I was trying to use it at Tesco one time but I only had my cc set up on Google Pay (didn't have my debit card on me). The staffmember kept saying there was a €30 (or whatever it was at the time) limit on contactless payments, but I was trying to say it wasn't the same as contactless, but the distinction was lost on him. Then on me.

?

This is from AIB:
    For transactions under €30, simply wake your phone by lighting it up. For added security, you will occasionally be required to also unlock your device.

For transactions over €30*, unlock your device and hold the back of it to the Contactless payment terminal until you see a checkmark. Your phone will beep and/or vibrate to confirm that the payment has been made.

*Google Pay transactions above €30 may not be supported by some merchant terminals

So the terminals in Tesco might not support transactions over €30... or they might, and the staff member was just incorrect.

This is from AIB:

So the terminals in Tesco might not support transactions over €30... or they might, and the staff member was just incorrect.

Thanks. That clears it up. Or not. Maybe. Or maybe not. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Does anyone have an issue with the volume on the oneplus 5t? My ringer volume keeps resetting to a very low level. When I turn it back up to full volume it returns to a low state of volume within a few minutes.

I've searched online and have not been able to find any solutions to this problem. Can anyone here shed any light on this?

Thanks

Does anyone have an issue with the volume on the oneplus 5t? My ringer volume keeps resetting to a very low level. When I turn it back up to full volume it returns to a low state of volume within a few minutes.

I've searched online and have not been able to find any solutions to this problem. Can anyone here shed any light on this?

Thanks

I've not noticed this. But I keep mine on silent for the most part. Do you have it in your pocket when it happens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

OK, I know I sound like a broken record... But.... did you try clearing cache in recovery mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Hi, just today the font in my notication bar at the top of the screen (with Battery, time, coverage, etc) has turned black without me doing anything, I woke up and it was like this, does anyone know how to change this? As I can't see it against my black background! Cheers!

deco nate wrote: »
    OK, I know I sound like a broken record... But.... did you try clearing cache in recovery mode?

Yes I tried this but same issue. I don't even have to switch between modes, once I turn up the volume I simply lock my phone and next time I check, it's turned itself down again.

It's so annoying. Checked one plus forums many more have the same issue.

I've not noticed this. But I keep mine on silent for the most part. Do you have it in your pocket when it happens?

Not necessarily, I just have to leave it for a while and it resets itself

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Are there many 5T owners considering jumping to the 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭blade1

DanC90 wrote: »

Yes, I am even though overall I'm happy with my 5t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Not me anyway, loving the OP5T! Also I like the idea of the finger print scanner being under the screen glass and think the OP7 will have it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

No. Will change for 7/7t!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Only have mine since March and it more than does everything I need. I might consider a new phone when the OP8 comes out.

• Advertisement

Only got my 5T in Jan, and it will be my phone for the next 2 years at least. Still loving the phone really, no regrets at all for not waiting for the 6. And it seems to me that 6, while it is lovely, isn't a huge step up from the 5T in terms of spec. The main thing is the screen.

Advertisement