Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Depends on what reviews the camera really gets and then what I can sell my 5T for.

Only bought it in January, its still like new. I might be willing to spend some money later in the year for the 6T if the camera is significantly better

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Only got my 5T in Jan, and it will be my phone for the next 2 years at least. Still loving the phone really, no regrets at all for not waiting for the 6. And it seems to me that 6, while it is lovely, isn't a huge step up from the 5T in terms of spec. The main thing is the screen.

Was there talks of it being waterproof?
    If it is and has an even better battery life,that's me sold!!
    Camera doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Does anyone have an issue with the volume on the oneplus 5t? My ringer volume keeps resetting to a very low level. When I turn it back up to full volume it returns to a low state of volume within a few minutes.

I've searched online and have not been able to find any solutions to this problem. Can anyone here shed any light on this?

Thanks

Bump on this! It's driving me bananas! Anyone successfully fixed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Sounds like it's your phone. :(

blade1 wrote: »
    Was there talks of it being waterproof?
    If it is and has an even better battery life,that's me sold!!
    Camera doesn't really bother me.

It's more splashproof than waterproof, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sounds like a bug, format your phone perhaps?

Yep but don't think they have done anything new here, the 6 has the very same water resistance as the 5 and 5T had, they now make it a thing for marketing reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

god's toy wrote: »

Yep but don't think they have done anything new here, the 6 has the very same water resistance as the 5 and 5T had, they now make it a thing for marketing reasons.

5/5T aren't IP67 compliant. The 6 is.

Hmm 1 meter for 30 minutes.
    Sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

There is no IP rating for the 6...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Actually, I might be wrong on that front. I read somewhere or saw a review that did it was IP67 compliant but a quick Google would suggest it's not.

only on paper. Oneplus said it themselves. they didn't change anything only now market it as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

This was just posted on the oneplus forum....

settings/Advanced/Accessibility/Switch Access and then turn it On.

Seems strange, but might work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

The only reason they do not market the phone as IP compliant is there would be a tonne of people bringing them into the bath or swimming pool for the craic and then get onto OnePlus if the phone is damaged. It could survive being dropped into the toilet or bath for a few seconds but obviously it would not be wise to do so. But the feature is there but marketed as from what I said above people would be in the water with the phone the whole time and then wonder why it got damaged.

New Update is out in the wild.

Bug fixes plus latest security update.

So now the 6 is out what do we think a 5 months old, as new 5T is worth second hand?

Other than size and some tweeks was there that much of a change between the 5 and 5T?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Wanton wrote:
    So now the 6 is out what do we think a 5 months old, as new 5T is worth second hand?

350-360 range for 6/64 and 380-400 for 8/128 gb i would say...check on adverts to get some guidance....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

deco nate wrote: »
    New Update is out in the wild.

Bug fixes plus latest security update.

Just updated, it was a much larger download than I thought it would be. All good so far anyway.

My sandstone white 5T has developed a tiny little crack on the back case where the case meets an antenna line. After some googling it appears that others are reporting the same with the white model. No big deal at all, as it is tiny.

Just updated, it was a much larger download than I thought it would be. All good so far anyway.

My sandstone white 5T has developed a tiny little crack on the back case where the case meets an antenna line. After some googling it appears that others are reporting the same with the white model. No big deal at all, as it is tiny.

You are in warranty, you can if you have a spare phone to use. ask them to fix it. Maybe 10 days to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've been having a problem with my dash charger, it seems to not always dash charge and I'd have to wiggle the cable to get it to do so. Sent a message to support yesterday, they asked for some pictures of the cable which I sent this morning and they've just agreed to replace it. Not sure if others experience the same, but it was a quick and good response from OnePlus support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

FYI guys this is a must have app for everyone - its called Ampere: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en

It measures the strength of the charge you phone is getting. Very handy. Normal charges give about 1000mA, but if plugged into a copter ot car it can go as low as 300mA. However the Dash chargers gets up to3500mA and beyond which is incredible.

I tested my friends Dash Car charger and it was a disappointing 700mA

Hi Guys,

Anyone got a Tempered Glass they might sell? Or where to order one?

The 1+ site is out of stock (unless you purchase a bundle) and with the 6 out I dont expect they will get them back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I recently got a tempered glass with the silver bullets. Used referral points so only had to pay for the postage. Having tried an absolutely sh*te aliexpress tempered glass I'd advise you to bite the bullet (no pun intended!) and go for the bundle - the headphones are excellent.

digitaldr wrote: »
    I recently got a tempered glass with the silver bullets. Used referral points so only had to pay for the postage. Having tried an absolutely sh*te aliexpress tempered glass I'd advise you to bite the bullet (no pun intended!) and go for the bundle - the headphones are excellent.

Yeah, I have the headphones at home, somewhere, and the are excellent. Cant find my headphones recently though... so might just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

digitaldr wrote:

Those headphones are never in stock. Been waiting to pick a pair up for weeks!

On another note has anyone noticed a sudden decrease in battery life? I've only started feeling it the last few days. I'm wondering is a specific app doing it perhaps after an update?

pedatron wrote: »
    On another note has anyone noticed a sudden decrease in battery life? I've only started feeling it the last few days. I'm wondering is a specific app doing it perhaps after an update?

I've felt the same. There have been times over the last week or so when I've charged by around 7pm because levels hit 12%. Usually it would be around 55%by then. Maybe I was using it more than normal on those days, but not as much as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

OnePlus bullets wireless could be in stock on the same time the red op6 is available so I would check it on July 10 just to be sure.

Some almost useful info here for codes to use on the 5T.
    https://oneplus.gadgethacks.com/how-to/100-secret-dialer-codes-for-oneplus-phones-0185738/

The anonymous call one doesn't work (at least with vodafone).

next question...

any motorcyclists?

Looking at options for mounting my 5T in a waterproof case.

• Advertisement

Wanton wrote: »
    next question...

any motorcyclists?

Looking at options for mounting my 5T in a waterproof case.

I have one of these but it hasn't been out in heavy rain so not sure how it would fair.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152631837040

Advertisement