Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I've felt the same. There have been times over the last week or so when I've charged by around 7pm because levels hit 12%. Usually it would be around 55%by then. Maybe I was using it more than normal on those days, but not as much as that.

I think I've figured out my problem. Fitbit have a post on their forums saying there's a battery and data drain bug in their app at the minute and are trying to patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zascar wrote: »
    FYI guys this is a must have app for everyone - its called Ampere: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en

It measures the strength of the charge you phone is getting. Very handy. Normal charges give about 1000mA, but if plugged into a copter ot car it can go as low as 300mA. However the Dash chargers gets up to3500mA and beyond which is incredible.

I tested my friends Dash Car charger and it was a disappointing 700mA

My normal usb in my car gives 700mA.
    Just received my dash car charger that I ordered 13 days ago on AliExpress.
    It's charging at around 2500mA.

5star02707 wrote:
    OnePlus bullets wireless could be in stock on the same time the red op6 is available so I would check it on July 10 just to be sure.

You were spot on. Available this morning and picked up a pair. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

The OnePLus 6 is/ was being reviewed on the Pat Kenny show on Newstalk this morning. I assume it has aired by now. I heard earlier it was coming on. I'll listen to it later on podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

pedatron wrote: »
    You were spot on. Available this morning and picked up a pair. Thanks for the tip!

glad you picked up a pair, i too ordered earlier

for anyone looking, Bullets Wireless are still available online

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-bullets-wireless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

5star02707 wrote: »
    glad you picked up a pair, i too ordered earlier

for anyone looking, Bullets Wireless are still available online

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/oneplus-bullets-wireless

AAAaaaaannnddd gone.

god's toy wrote: »
    AAAaaaaannnddd gone.

2drr5t.jpg

That's fast, ordered on the 10th and it's now here :O

That's fast, ordered on the 10th and it's now here :O

Missed the UPS man today for mine. Raging. They don't even call you or give a rough time of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

pedatron wrote: »
    Missed the UPS man today for mine. Raging. They don't even call you or give a rough time of delivery.

You should check out their reviews on google maps!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's why i don't use my home address now when they deliver, it's always good to use your work address as someone is always there to sign up your delivery

Yeah that's why i don't use my home address now when they deliver, it's always good to use your work address as someone is always there to sign up your delivery

Got them yesterday and just set them up there now. Very very impressed with the sound from them!

New 5.1.4 update is available in system updates and on Oxygen Updater

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....oxygenupdater

I prefer downloading the full rom and flashing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

New 5.1.4 update is available in system updates and on Oxygen Updater

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....oxygenupdater

I prefer downloading the full rom and flashing it

Not to derail, but is there any advantage to that over just using the updater ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

marko93 wrote: »
    Not to derail, but is there any advantage to that over just using the updater ?

Updates are rolled out. Not all phones get the update on release. But if you use that app when an update is out in the wild it will let you dl it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Latest update out now, they say it's just a security update. But it's over 1.5 gigs. So in this case I would not use oxygen updater. Why?
    Well there are people saying that treble is part of this. Wait till your phone tells you to update this time. I for the first time got it thru my phone this time.

deco nate wrote: »
    Latest update out now, they say it's just a security update. But it's over 1.5 gigs. So in this case I would not use oxygen updater. Why?
    Well there are people saying that treble is part of this. Wait till your phone tells you to update this time. I for the first time got it thru my phone this time.

Like project treble support but more happy about the one less tap on entering a pin.

That 'tell me when its back in stock' thing is a load of crap! grr almost missed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I was used to have no sound when receiving a chat in the facebook messenger app, just a light indicator that's all. Since the last update I started to hear a sound with every message received and I can't find the setting to get rid of it, while keeping the light notification, both in the app settings and the phone settings.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    That 'tell me when its back in stock' thing is a load of crap! grr almost missed this.

It's utterly pointless. Never got an email from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi folks.
    looking for a good screen protector for OnePlus 5T. Any recommendations please?
    There are loads on Amazon with varying reviews
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

Hi folks.
    looking for a good screen protector for OnePlus 5T. Any recommendations please?
    There are loads on Amazon with varying reviews
    Thanks in advance

I've tried a few but nothing comes close to the proper One+ ones. A little expensive perhaps.

Ionised wrote: »
    I've tried a few but nothing comes close to the proper One+ ones. A little expensive perhaps.

I didn't like the 'proper' ones. Firstly I put it on wrong, having a couple of bubbles. That was my own fault.
    But, I also noticed there was shadow above the camera when the flash was on due to the 'protector' being too deep.

My favourite case/ cover is the see-through plastic one that comes with it -because of the bumps in each corner. I strayed from this one to use another, better-looking cover (but without these bumps) and I paid the price -I got me some screen scratches now. Had none for around 8 months using the 'bumps' one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I didn't like the 'proper' ones. Firstly I put it on wrong, having a couple of bubbles. That was my own fault.
    But, I also noticed there was shadow above the camera when the flash was on due to the 'protector' being too deep.

My favourite case/ cover is the see-through plastic one that comes with it -because of the bumps in each corner. I strayed from this one to use another, better-looking cover (but without these bumps) and I paid the price -I got me some screen scratches now. Had none for around 8 months using the 'bumps' one.

Ah I use the clear oneplus case that came with the 5T and have scratches too. It does just happen to some degree. I generally hate screen protectors hence I go 'naked'.

I didn't like the 'proper' ones. Firstly I put it on wrong, having a couple of bubbles. That was my own fault. But, I also noticed there was shadow above the camera when the flash was on due to the 'protector' being too deep.

I'm confused. How can a screen protector affect the flash that is on the back of the device?

Ionised wrote: »
    I'm confused. How can a screen protector affect the flash that is on the back of the device?

To be honest, it's so long since I had it on I kind of forget what the precise problem was, but I think maybe...
    The camera on the front detects the lighting, determining when the flash will fire. I believe the flash was firing in 'bright' rooms when it was set to auto.

...or something like that. I don't plan on getting a new one to remind myself.

Ah android mysteries!
    I've had two of the OnePlus screen protectors and have not noticed any camera issues at all.
    I did have one break but guess it did its job as the screen remains scratch free

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Wireless bullits back in stock... for 3hrs.... and gone again!!

• Advertisement

I see the 6T will have no headphone port (usb-c only). ...There goes one of two or three reasons why I bought the 5T (other being price and... overall style/ quality).

I won't be buying a replacement anytime soon -hopefully- but when I do, it won't automatically be a OnePlus. ...If the extra space is used for a more powerful (+second) internal speaker it would go a little bit to softening the blow.

Advertisement