Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I see the 6T will have no headphone port (usb-c only). ...There goes one of two or three reasons why I bought the 5T (other being price and... overall style/ quality).

I won't be buying a replacement anytime soon -hopefully- but when I do, it won't automatically be a OnePlus. ...If the extra space is used for a more powerful (+second) internal speaker it would go a little bit to softening the blow.

After they gave so long slagging other manufacturers about the same thing. They look really stupid now. People on reddit are seriously pissed at OnePlus over it. Interesting to see if it'll genuinely impact sales greatly.

Fo3uPi6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

pedatron wrote: »
    After they gave so long slagging other manufacturers about the same thing. They look really stupid now. People on reddit are seriously pissed at OnePlus over it. Interesting to see if it'll genuinely impact sales greatly.

Fo3uPi6

Think its more that OPPO/BBK have pushed them into dropping it as most of the oppo family of phones have lost it at this point. This time round they are going with T-Mobile in the US so our headphone jack rants probably wont have a huge impact as they will be US in stores.

Cant say I was nuts about the glass trend myself, looks nice when clean but 99% of the time looks kack. maybe the OP7 will be a return to better things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Need to get a new screen protector. Anybody any recommendations please? The one I got when
    I purchased the phone six months ago chipped and cracked within a couple or months and is just totally in bits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

VandC wrote: »
    Need to get a new screen protector. Anybody any recommendations please? The one I got when
    I purchased the phone six months ago chipped and cracked within a couple or months and is just totally in bits now.

This is asked frequently enough and the general consensus is that the OnePlus screen protectors are the best. But maybe you should come over to the dark side, and go nude! No screen protector for life. :pac:

Ha ha, don't think I'm brave enough for a nude phone lol.

Checked the website before I posted and no 5t screen protectors left. And tbh, OH bought one when he bought his 6 and and it was smashed to pieces in a week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

They were only back in stock briefly recently.

I have also noticed them direct users to look for "partners" on Amazon recently, which suggests they may not be coming back :(

I have one, but would like to get another.

Yeah might pick up two before they are even harder to get. Always worth having

Got an update this morning. Still on Android 8.1, but on the latest security patch and with some bug fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Got an update this morning. Still on Android 8.1, but on the latest security patch and with some bug fixes.

5.1.7 just updated mine and Bluetooth issue seems to be fixed

5star02707 wrote: »
    5.1.7 just updated mine and Bluetooth issue seems to be fixed

Was that the issue of the bluetooth pausing music at random? Or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

I see Project Treble is now supported with this update. Does that mean the underlying Android OS (as opposed to Oxygen) will continue to be updated long after OnePlue stop updating?

Was that the issue of the bluetooth pausing music at random? Or something else?

There was some issues with Bluetooth on some cars that it keeps disconnecting every 10 seconds, that was the one fixed i believe.

OnePlus having a black friday sale on accessories for older devices

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/black-friday-2018?from=carousel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For anyone looking to buy a fast charger, you can save about €8 if you buy the adapter and cable separately instead of the bundle.

Fast Charge Power Bundle (Fast Charge Power Adapter + 100 cm Fast Charge Type-C Cable) = €33.15

Fast Charge Power Adapter = €9.97
    100 cm Fast Charge Type-C Cable = €14.95

Total is €24.92

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone else with the midnight black have shiny black marks on the back apparently caused by dust between the phone the soft case that came supplied with the phone.
    I got onto OnePlus about it and was told it should be cleaned everytime I charge the phone.
    A bit extreme imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone else with the midnight black have shiny black marks on the back apparently caused by dust between the phone the soft case that came supplied with the phone.
    I got onto OnePlus about it and was told it should be cleaned everytime I charge the phone.
    A bit extreme imo.

I gave up on cases years ago as some android phone I had at the time something similar happened. I forget which phone it was but it would have cost about 600-650 or there abouts.

Just be careful not to drop it and you should be fine without a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I have a skin and a case to prevent any trapped dirt problems.

I gave up on cases years ago as some android phone I had at the time something similar happened. I forget which phone it was but it would have cost about 600-650 or there abouts.

Just be careful not to drop it and you should be fine without a case.
    digitaldr wrote: »
    I have a skin and a case to prevent any trapped dirt problems.

I have the phone up for sale but I had to knock some money off the price because of it.
    Ive upgraded to a 6t which has a glass back so should not be a problem.
    I've still ordered a rear protector film just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's when I spotted the damage also when I took it out of the case to sell it.

I mentioned it to someone else with a 5t and they then checked theirs and it was way worse than mine.
    If I had known I would have put a clear film on the rear.
    It just makes it a bit less desirable for a potential buyer.
    I thought at first themarks would come off.
    I was selling the phone for 365 but dropped it to 300 because of the marks.
    I have a few people interested.

This is the rear of my 5t
    t55g1x.jpg

• Advertisement

Just looked at my 5T after looking at that pic and happy to see its still perfect. Original Oneplus case used if that makes any odds.

god's toy wrote: »
    Just looked at my 5T after looking at that pic and happy to see its still perfect. Original Oneplus case used if that makes any odds.

Is it the midnight black you have?
    As that's the one that's affected.
    And it's the soft case that comes supplied that causes it.
    Apparently if you bought any other OnePlus original case it doesn't happen.

blade1 wrote: »
    Is it the midnight black you have?
    As that's the one that's affected.
    And it's the soft case that comes supplied that causes it.
    Apparently if you bought any other OnePlus original case it doesn't happen.

Yep its the midnight black but not the case that came with it, I used the folio case they had from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Ionised

Android Pie update available from yesterday.

Pie update 9.0.3 now available

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Doge

5star02707 wrote: »
    Pie update 9.0.3 now available

Is it stable do you guys think? Been leaving it off for feedback.

All good here. I've only been running it for the last few days though. No issues so far, battery life is good (maybe better actually). Not sure how much I like some of the changes, but nothing too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

All fine here too.

Got to say I don't think I've ever been more content with a phone in my life. As a fella who was always looking on to the next new phone, I still keep up with new releases but have no intentions of changing any time soon as long as keep the software reasonably up to date. Great, solid phone with enough battery that can always be dash charged up whenever I'm going to be having a longer than normal day.

Maybe I'm just getting old! ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

pedatron wrote: »
    All fine here too.

Got to say I don't think I've ever been more content with a phone in my life. As a fella who was always looking on to the next new phone, I still keep up with new releases but have no intentions of changing any time soon as long as keep the software reasonably up to date. Great, solid phone with enough battery that can always be dash charged up whenever I'm going to be having a longer than normal day.

Maybe I'm just getting old! ha!

I'd echo that. I wanted a Pixel 3, but losing face unlock, dash charging and having to fork out €600+ made me decide against it in the end.

Maybe the fully bezel-less OP7 will be enough to get me to change again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

All good.

Apart from the clock in the notification bar being on the other side!!

Advertisement