Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I just ordered the sandstone white version. Looking forward to it now.

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got the spigen 5t case, very impressed with it compared to the OnePlus carbon case for protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I just ordered the sandstone white version. Looking forward to it now.

Mine was only dispatched from Poland yesterday and it's the back of a van out for delivery now. Good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Mine was only dispatched from Poland yesterday and it's the back of a van out for delivery now. Good service.

Same. Amazing speed really. Mine left Shannon before nine this morning.

pedatron wrote: »

Feckers. Mine hasn't shipped yet! Even though I ordered it within minutes of it going on sale?!

• Advertisement

Feckers. Mine hasn't shipped yet! Even though I ordered it within minutes of it going on sale?!

I had mine ordered within a minute of it going on sale I'd say! Delivered now, wish I had it sent to work I'll have to call over to my parents to collect it this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Same here, just waiting for it to arrive to the house :D

Found a shop here that sells them in-store. Was going to purchase one, but was in contact with OnePlus and was informed that the warranty would belong from the region it was bought in. The shop owner had purchased them from the Hong Kong store, so didn't want to risk it.

I'd love to buy one, but multiple different sources have mentioned a relatively poor camera performance in low light. At this stage I'm tempted to splurging on a pixel 2, if I can find one. Or a HTC U11

I had mine ordered within a minute of it going on sale I'd say! Delivered now, wish I had it sent to work I'll have to call over to my parents to collect it this evening!

I was the same! Literally waited for the buy now button to appear and immediately purchased. Only thing was I bundled an extra charger with it - perhaps that may have added a delay?

BTW will these definitely come with a UK plug? The pic on screen on the Irish site showed an EU plug.

Enjoy!

Literally just got a text from DHL. Estimated delivery Jan 17th. For **** sake!

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Same here, just waiting for it to arrive to the house :D

Mine's arrived, can't wait to get home and have a look at it, first android phone in nearly 3 years.

Literally just got a text from DHL. Estimated delivery Jan 17th. For **** sake!

Mine was delivered by UPS, that's a bit mad. But I also didn't order any extras with the device, so perhaps it's coming from further afield.

Phone never arrived and I know another guy in my town that actually received his yesterday from UPS too so the driver was even in my area. Delivery pushed back to today! Mild form of torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

jamesd wrote: »
    Got the spigen 5t case, very impressed with it compared to the OnePlus carbon case for protection.

Where did you buy that @Jamessd

MJ434 wrote: »
    Where did you buy that @Jamessd

Got from Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

MJ434 wrote: »

Yes that's it, couldn't link to it as I was on my phone earlier, Also ordered this screen protector and it fitted with the case as the original one plus glass would not.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077GRS7W1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used AddressPal as neither would deliver to Ireland.

I thought it would be nice to put up my initial impressions after 3 days use.

This was my first 18:9 ratio screen device and so far it's great. I do think you might struggle a bit of you have smaller hands, but it's something you'd probably just get used to over time.

The performance is blistering. Perhaps my idea of speed was set low since I came from using a SU6 from 2.5 years ago, to the 5T with a top end processor. But everything opens fast and unsurprisingly the 8GB of RAM keeps apps loaded for an eternity, meaning switching to background apps doesn't require a reload and is super fast.

The battery life is fantastic so far, hard to make a real call on things in the early days since you tend to use your phone a lot more, but it seems to never run out, no matter what you throw at it.

I did get out to the seaside to take some pics on Friday, I was very impressed to be honest. It's nice being able to shoot raw. I'll need more time with the camera to really get a feel for it.

I'm currently waiting on a few eBay cases to arrive. I have the boxed gel case which is fine, and I left the screen protector it came with on, but I'll remove this eventually. It's a shame to put a case on it... But it would be even more of a shame to smash it too.

Delighted with the phone so far too. Looking forward to getting my dbrand skin and clear cover in the post.

Going off point but I got a call from my bank in work on Friday telling me that my credit card details had been compromised. The only thing I've bought in the last two months on this card is this phone off the Oneplus site. I've purchased four OnePlus phones before. Maybe the card got skimmed in my pocket but I doubt it! Just a warning to mind yourself ordering and keep an eye on transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Delighted with the phone so far too. Looking forward to getting my dbrand skin and clear cover in the post.

Going off point but I got a call from my bank in work on Friday telling me that my credit card details had been compromised. The only thing I've bought in the last two months on this card is this phone off the Oneplus site. I've purchased four OnePlus phones before. Maybe the card got skimmed in my pocket but I doubt it! Just a warning to mind yourself ordering and keep an eye on transactions.
    Look at the other thread, it's happened to a lot of people. I was just advised to use PayPal.

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    Look at the other thread, it's happened to a lot of people. I was just advised to use PayPal.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't even look. Now that you say it I think I've used PayPal every other time so there you go!

Thanks! Sorry I didn't even look. Now that you say it I think I've used PayPal every other time so there you go!

I'm old, never used pp in my life. Just set it up now and used it. Thank fook for boards and the posters on here:)

Few days with the 5T and so far it's been good. I do have my gripes with it but none are deal breakers. Not got to test the camera yet unfortunately but looking forward to testing the pro mode. Dash charging is fecking deadly though

Ah crap. A friend just sent me a message about all the credit card fraud going on. I might just cancel my card to be safe.

Ah crap. A friend just sent me a message about all the credit card fraud going on. I might just cancel my card to be safe.

Would this be absolutely necessary if you don't notice any fradulent transactions ?

Would this be absolutely necessary if you don't notice any fradulent transactions ?

True. But there's no guarantee that my card won't be used in weeks to come when I actually need it.

Better safe than sorry tbh.

Yeah absolutely!

On a 5T note, the emojis drive me absolutely bonkers compared to the iOS ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Are oneplus having security issues?

• Advertisement

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Are oneplus having security issues?

As in paying by credit card, yes. Use pp no problem.

Advertisement