Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Buy from one plus for peace of mind, plenty of reports online about them being good about repairs if something happens /-if you buy off a reseller . Worth it in the end tbh. Great phone tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Cheers, Deco Nate. Looks like I'll be ordering it tomorrow, with priority shipping, as I'm an inpatient git.

The twenty quid off accessories using the referral thread helps a bit towards it, I guess.

I thank you for the advice.
    My bank account doesn't.

:)

Cheers, Deco Nate. Looks like I'll be ordering it tomorrow, with priority shipping, as I'm an inpatient git.

The twenty quid off accessories using the referral thread helps a bit towards it, I guess.

I thank you for the advice.
    My bank account doesn't.

:)
    You won't be disappointed, and the camera is not that bad. When you get it. Open the camera app, swipe up and click the 3 dots and turn off beautify (?.). and when using in low light tap hdr and use hq instead. Or use pro mode

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You get so used to having your phone in a case that you forget how slim and nice it is out of it. Just popped my 5T out of it's TPU/gel case and it's a beauty. I'm too afraid I'll end up with it smashed if I daily it without a case though...

And it looks like Oreo is being rolled out as I type. Not sure when we'll get it over here, but hopefully in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭jamesd

You get so used to having your phone in a case that you forget how slim and nice it is out of it. Just popped my 5T out of it's TPU/gel case and it's a beauty. I'm too afraid I'll end up with it smashed if I daily it without a case though...

And it looks like Oreo is being rolled out as I type. Not sure when we'll get it over here, but hopefully in the coming days.

Been trying a few vpn's to get it but no luck so far.

• Advertisement

jamesd wrote: »
    Been trying a few vpn's to get it but no luck so far.

Play store / oxygen updater. I'm downloading it now.(no need for a vpn)

deco nate wrote: »
    Play store / oxygen updater. I'm downloading it now.(no need for a vpn)

Updated :D

Updated :D

Is this what you saw in the updater?

No, this

After update

• Advertisement

Did you install a beta before ?

Did you install a beta before ?

No, never and can't figure out why it's not offering it.

Edit - changed settings and told it only to look for full updates and its showing the orea one now - downloading.

Thanks Deco nate.

No, never and can't figure out why it's not offering it.

Edit - changed settings and told it only to look for full updates and its showing the orea one now - downloading.

Thanks Deco nate.
    Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Looks like the update has been pulled. Went on opera VPN in Germany and it's no longer there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You can't get it using the normal VPN method yet. Use the oxygen updater app in the play store

I think I might leave it a while before updating... past experience has taught me that there's never much to gain by being an early adopter!

Big jump on antutu benchmark test

No problems so far, battery life seems the same

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Pacifico wrote: »
    You can't get it using the normal VPN method yet. Use the oxygen updater app in the play store

Thanks for the tip! I actually did get it to show up using the VPN method yesterday. I might leave it for now just in case there have been issues! I find it so hard to resist a new update all the same! :D

No issues with it here either since last night.

• Advertisement

Big jump on antutu benchmark test

No problems so far, battery life seems the same
    (Forgot to resize)

For those that updated to oreo, new patch released today. About 36 Meg.
    Let oxygen Updater run in the background and it will pop up. Install via recovery

Still no update through the default update under settings. Not in much of a rush to update so I'll just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

8.0 Showing up now OTA via VPN via Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bullet1001

Me again. Looks like my credit card was one of those compromised and OnePlus never even told me, like they said they would. Attempted dodgy transaction today, so new card on the way. I'm not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

OP5T Lava Red now available worldwide
    https://oneplus.net/ie/5t-red?from=focus

Also Oreo version 5.0.3 (just a few minor bug fixes compared to 5.0.2) can be downloaded here
    http://otafsg.h2os.com/patch/amazone2/GLO/OnePlus5TOxygen/OnePlus5TOxygen_43.O.29_GLO_029_1802022353/OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_029_all_1802022353_460d.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Bullet1001 wrote: »
    Me again. Looks like my credit card was one of those compromised and OnePlus never even told me, like they said they would. Attempted dodgy transaction today, so new card on the way. I'm not impressed!

Oneplus's silence on this is shocking, I can't find any statement from them on it. I had purchased the OPO, and 3 from them in the past but this issue would really make be reconsider buying from them again.

Yeah I had cancelled my card when all of this happened. I don't think they actually know what card numbers were taken, so there was no way for them to inform exact customers. They made a complete mess of it really, absolute joke.

That being said, I'm still chuffed with my white 5T, brilliant device. I was sketchy about ordering even before any of this new controversy, but glad I did at this point. Even with the credit card hassle.

EDIT: Just checked my device for the update and Oreo version 5.0.3 is what came up. This is directly from One Plus, without using any of the apps to get it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has the white 5T been removed from the site, looking to buy one.

this was only for a limited time, sold out on their website unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has the white 5T been removed from the site, looking to buy one.

Yeah, I think it was released in a limited batch.

I wish I had the option of lava red, I would of loved it.

Advertisement