Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 5T - reviews, specs and discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

If they use it for notification icons on either side of the notch it wouldn't be too bad, I reckon. Depends how it looks in use.

Can you imagine watching YouTube or Netflix on a phone with a notch. Tbh I'm glad I have a 5t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

digitaldr wrote: »
    Got it back yesterday. Undamaged and still with skin on and cheapo aliexpress tempered glass screen protector intact. Update successfully applied too.

2zguosz.jpg

How can I check that? I bought my 5T last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

lertsnim wrote: »
    How can I check that? I bought my 5T last week.
    DRM Info app from the playstore. You're looking for widevine L1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

digitaldr wrote: »
    DRM Info app from the playstore. You're looking for widevine L1

L3 for me. I was interested to see if more recent dispatches have it.

No big deal for me though as I don't use Netflix.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just got a 5T - can anyone recommend a really slim case - one that properly exposes the buttons? I dont like how some cases cover the buttons and they are harder to use. I really like the Karbon Bumber case but 35 is a bit rich. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Go for official flip case...its surprisingly slim...i am flaunting a skin on my 5T. Better grip but danger to breakage if it falls. So see what kind of protection suits ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

My favourite cover to date is the rubber one that comes with the phone. I like the bumps on the screen corners. I can't get on with closing lids.

The one I currently use is much nicer to look at, but doesn't have those bumps -which has cost me a little scratch on the screen since using that a couple of months ago. :eek:

If I had a good looking, thin cover WITH bumps on the corners it would be my ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have a couple of cases. This is my favourite. I didn't buy from this seller, I think I got mine from the UK for faster postage:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-For-Oneplus-5T-Luxury-Shockproof-Silm-Leather-Soft-TPU-Business-Cover-Case/112662451037?hash=item1a3b34935d:m:mKpZY_VmIdKOEHyJUD4OTug

The Navy Blue option is really nice. I have changed the case since, but only because I was annoyed that I couldn't see the lovely white colour on my 5T.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have the rubber one now but I dont like it. its to big, sqishy and using the power button is not nice. I want an ultra slim one with cutouts for the buttons. If anyone knows one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭micks_address

I have a couple of cases. This is my favourite. I didn't buy from this seller, I think I got mine from the UK for faster postage:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-For-Oneplus-5T-Luxury-Shockproof-Silm-Leather-Soft-TPU-Business-Cover-Case/112662451037?hash=item1a3b34935d:m:mKpZY_VmIdKOEHyJUD4OTug

The Navy Blue option is really nice. I have changed the case since, but only because I was annoyed that I couldn't see the lovely white colour on my 5T.
    Have you link for uk order?

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote:
    I have the rubber one now but I dont like it. its to big, sqishy and using the power button is not nice. I want an ultra slim one with cutouts for the buttons. If anyone knows one!

Try sandstone or carbon(not full carbon) official case if u want protection + slim case...
    Both come with cutouts for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I've got this and while it's super slick the fact it covers the ports at the bottom wrecks my head because the jack on my earphones doesn't fit.

Would the OP official cases be similar to the Apple Leather cases in that they don't cover the bottom?

marko93 wrote:
    Would the OP official cases be similar to the Apple Leather cases in that they don't cover the bottom?
    Yes..the official flip leather cover does not cover sides or bottom...just has grooves on 4 corners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Does any1 know how to allow apps to install from unknown sources?
    I'm trying to update an app but the update won't install and I can't find the option to allow installs from unknown sources

I have the one plus 5,. Not the T

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Does any1 know how to allow apps to install from unknown sources?
    I'm trying to update an app but the update won't install and I can't find the option to allow installs from unknown sources

I have the one plus 5,. Not the T

I'm having the same issue and I've enabled the unknown sources in settings. It just won't update. Very frustrating as it won't allow use now without an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue and I've enabled the unknown sources in settings. It just won't update. Very frustrating as it won't allow use now without an update.

I think I might have it sorted. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the website and it's working away now.
    Not sure if the update prompt will come or not

FYI lads I bought this case: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nillkin-Matte-Textured-Super-Shield-Slim-Rear-Case-Cover-for-OnePlus-5T-Black/183043103563 - got it today and its perfect. Very slim, hard plastic, nice feel and fits right.

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    FYI lads I bought this case: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nillkin-Matte-Textured-Super-Shield-Slim-Rear-Case-Cover-for-OnePlus-5T-Black/183043103563 - got it today and its perfect. Very slim, hard plastic, nice feel and fits right.

Did it take long to arrive ? That looks like exactly what I'm after!

I ordered on Friday, dispatched within minutes and arrived on Monday.

Zascar wrote: »
    I ordered on Friday, dispatched within minutes and arrived on Monday.

Nice one, not sure why I asked because I ordered it straight away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Tempted to get one of these buy conscious that the OnePlus 6 should be released soon, would it be expected for that to be at a higher price?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

It'll be more expensive than the 5T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Plus it has a notch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wonder if they will keep the 1080p screen. Tbh there is no need for a larger resolution in such a small size. Also a higher resolution screen will bring the price up substantially also.

I wonder if they will keep the 1080p screen. Tbh there is no need for a larger resolution in such a small size. Also a higher resolution screen will bring the price up substantially also.

And impact the battery life.

I'm still loving the 5T I got in January. No regrets. That being said I'm sure the 6 will be a nice device too. They're incremental upgrades, it's just what OnePlus does. I would wonder if people would be wary of going for the 6 instead of the 6T if there is such a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭micks_address

And impact the battery life.

I'm still loving the 5T I got in January. No regrets. That being said I'm sure the 6 will be a nice device too. They're incremental upgrades, it's just what OnePlus does. I would wonder if people would be wary of going for the 6 instead of the 6T if there is such a device.

I'd agree with that.. I'm sticking to the T devices... More refined..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

How much an immaculate second hand 5T will fetch in say 7 months time (just before the release of the 6T)? a well maintained phone without a single scratch.

Advertisement