Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatel 6" Mobile phone for €50 (with trade in) Pre-Pay - Tesco Mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

yes, Germany was on the label

Mind me asking if its a prepaid label or do you have to pay for postage to Germany?

Also, anyone that's availed of this offer, do you can of they will accept a non-smartphone, say for example a Nokia 3310 for arguments sake.

The T&C's mention a "feature phone" not quite sure what this means though, I have an old Sony Ericsson K750 that has camera and internet, would this be classed as a feature phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Morby wrote: »
    Mind me asking if its a prepaid label or do you have to pay for postage to Germany?

Also, anyone that's availed of this offer, do you can of they will accept a non-smartphone, say for example a Nokia 3310 for arguments sake.

The T&C's mention a "feature phone" not quite sure what this means though, I have an old Sony Ericsson K750 that has camera and internet, would this be classed as a feature phone?

good point ... but I am thinking they want a smartphone. i wondered what they do with them. When i phoned up the other day to see if I could still be in a chance for the refund I happen to say what happens to the phone when it goes back and the woman says it just goes into recycling.

yes its prepaid they pay for the return postage charge

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The phone goes into the recycling centre. The recycling centre informs the promotion team about the reception of the postal item. I recently got to know about it.

The featured phone is nothing but the one that can has internet access, as per what I have understood over net; like the phone that uses 2G, 3G, not necessarily wifi.

Oh bloody hell what with Christmas and whatever I never did get around to posting my handset in for the trade in. It got approved etc with a claim number and everything but I just was going to print out the return label and noticed that my 45days for returning the phone is Thursday 25th Jan 2018 and Today is Tuesday 23rd Jan 2018 - so it looks like I have **** out on getting my 50euro cash back .

I phoned the number 1800 817 395 and it diverted to a rather stern Liverpudlian woman who was offish from the start and i said to her I know it was my fault but I was wondering just as a one off if they could still honour my trade in but no joy, she said they werent allowed to override the offer from Alcatel or they would all lose their jobs :rolleyes:. she said the phones go to a recycling centre in Germany, so i said well if I post it today its not going to get to Germany by Thursday.

She told me to write to Alcatel customer support instead so I am trying that , not hopeful though. Could kick myself for not posting it back sooner, but on the other hand I wish they would have made things easier and let you return your handset , once the claim has been approved, back to the place of purchase where you purchased the A3 XL (which in my case was tesco)

Is 25/01/2018, what you have mentioned as the last day of the 45-days time period, that printed on prepaid return label or what yourself have calculated from the day your claim got approved?

What I have noticed is that the last day mentioned on the prepaid label is 15 days earlier than actual 45 days time period.

mac.in wrote: »
    Is 25/01/2018, what you have mentioned as the last day of the 45-days time period, that printed on prepaid return label or what yourself have calculated from the day your claim got approved?

What I have noticed is that the last day mentioned on the prepaid label is 15 days earlier than actual 45 days time period.

oh bugger really - no, i was counting it as 45 days of being approved - i didnt see that on the label, but then again I wasnt looking .

In the email im pretty sure it said you had 45 days from the time the claim was approved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Any joy in getting your claim processed and getting your €50 back, Andy?

I have got my claim processed and the cashback has been approved. A waiting period of 30 days for money to be credited into the account has been mentioned.

Has anyone got the money already in their account?

Morby wrote: »
    Any joy in getting your claim processed and getting your €50 back, Andy?

nothing shown up yet i dont think.

I think i have shít out ...

I have a small crack on the back of my alcatel A3 XL already! - definately havent dropped it, and havent put it in me trouser pocket, I have had it in my shirt pocket.

plastic at the back is super cheap thin though on it I find - but strange that, I dunno how it cracked. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is anyone who got this phone on the Tesco mobile network? I ask because I'm on it and for the past 2weeks I'm on 2g:eek:. Prior to that I had very good 3g reception.Now I have to be on wifi to send & receive text & WhatsApp messages, and I cannot be on that if out working. Don't know what the solution is. Can anyone help ????

• Advertisement

Is anyone who got this phone on the Tesco mobile network? I ask because I'm on it and for the past 2weeks I'm on 2g:eek:. Prior to that I had very good 3g reception.Now I have to be on wifi to send & receive text & WhatsApp messages, and I cannot be on that if out working. Don't know what the solution is. Can anyone help ????

have you been in mobile settings and choose "choose mobile provider automatically" ? then make sure you have "preferred 4G" set and try putting phone into airplane mode then turn airplane mode off ... or shut down and restart phone and hopefully 3G will become available on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

have you been in mobile settings and choose "choose mobile provider automatically" ? then make sure you have "preferred 4G" set and try putting phone into airplane mode then turn airplane mode off ... or shut down and restart phone and hopefully 3G will become available on it

Thanks for the suggestions, Andy. Played around with the settings, as you suggested. Went into Data Usage and turned Mobile Data on to Tesco Mobile Ireland. That seems to have solved the issue.

By the way I got a silicon cover for it from Aliexpress for a little over €2.00. The wait is about 5weeks. Only gripe I have about it is that its a very tight fit !!!

Thanks for the suggestions, Andy. Played around with the settings, as you suggested. Went into Data Usage and turned Mobile Data on to Tesco Mobile Ireland. That seems to have solved the issue.

By the way I got a silicon cover for it from Aliexpress for a little over €2.00. The wait is about 5weeks. Only gripe I have about it is that its a very tight fit !!!

oh good. I got a TPU cover from spain on ebay. I thought it would have a bit more of a rubbery feel to it, to help it with grip but its still slippy

Got my refund credited into the account 3 days back.

my claim got rejected - no surprise really, i should have remembered to send it back in time but i didnt.

27788370_10214359060504213_7542817862535381102_o.jpg?oh=dc0d8c0d5b8f5f2320e222ff430541d0&oe=5ADD73B2

Advertisement