Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying property from the HSE?

Options
  • 18-11-2017 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all. I have a question about the fair deal scheme and I hope somebody here can shed some light on it. Please feel free to move this thread to another forum if it would be more suited someplace else.
    So basically, There is a house down the road from us which has been empty now for about six years. I often wondered what was happening with it as the owner passed it away in a nursing home nearly 3 years ago. She had no immediate family to pay for her care in the home so I assumed she had went for the fair deal scheme. I ordered the folio from the PRA site and her name appears on it as the full owner but on the very bottom of the folio it says “ The health service executive is owner of this charge “ does this mean the HSE own the property and if so why have they been sitting on it so long . The property is in bad repair at this stage, Definitely uninhabitable.
    So what happens next with the house, Will it be left to rot or can someone like myself approach the HSE And try to buy it from them? Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The HSE do not own the property. They have a charge on it to a % of sale value only.

Her estate need to sell it and the HSE will get their % then

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bull McCabe.

L1011 wrote: »
    The HSE do not own the property. They have a charge on it to a % of sale value only.

Her estate need to sell it and the HSE will get their % then

So how do I find out who owns it? I thought the current owners name would appear on the folio.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Her estate still own it. Probate office may have details but I don't know if they'll make then public

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It is likely to be a ward of court sale.

I'm in one at the moment. My advice: Unless you have all funds ready to go dont put yourself though the stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bull McCabe.

So is it likely that it might never be sold? Who would be her estate? She has no living relations other than a niece living abroad and she Tells me she has had no contact from anyone in relation to the house. If the property was to be sold, who would have to sell it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement