Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerPay Token Issues

Options
  • 18-11-2017 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a PowerPay Token card.  There was only one place in Cork (Centra up Hollyhill) other than the credit unions in Cork that sold the tokens (that I know of,) and it seems it has shut down without anyone mentioning it.  

It's Saturday evening and with that place shut, where am I supposed to get tokens?

I have tried phoning the number on the back of the card, which the website says will work until 8 on a Saturday, and nobody answers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

As the number of retail outlets selling the tokens is constantly reducing, a decision has been made that all existing token meters will be exchanged for a new Pay As You Go meter.

Each of our token meter customers will receive written notification in advance of the scheduled replacement of the token meter. Should you require to have the meter replaced before the scheduled date, please contact our colleagues on 1850 372 372 - they will be happy to arrange this for you.

We can confirm that our lines were open until 8pm on Saturday. Can you please advise what number you rang on Saturday? 

Thanks, 
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KingDude

Hi Anna, 

The number I was phoning was 1850 372 372 and I tried for an hour before posting on here.  It would ring for a while then disconnect.  After posting here I tried for a further hour, but then had the idea to try the international number.  The international number worked straight away, and I got a location from the person I spoke to, which solved the immediate problem.

I'm not too optimistic about phoning that same number to switch to the new type of meter, but I'll give it a go today.

Regards,
    Colin

• Company Representative Posts: 52 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Anna

Hi there, 

Thank you for your response. 

We regret to read you had trouble contacting us. 

We hope that your query is now resolved. 

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Thanks, 
    Anna

Advertisement