Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How best to Publicise an act?

• 18-11-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hey all,

So Ive been out of the music industry for a while and now have very few contacts.

Ive been putting a new show together over the last few months, solo show with all covers for pubs, restaurants wedding receptions etc. Be suited to a chilled out restaurant or places like The Bank on Dame street. Than kind of venue.

Ive recorded a few tracks and set up a website and Facebook page and these are all ready to go. Ive no videos as of yet, something I might look at in the new year.

How, these days, does somebody start securing paid gigs? I was thinking of picking a showcase venue and offering them a few gigs for free and trying to get people to like the Facebook page and get some gigs and other venues from that. Do people now approach venues directly or use booking agents or what. I’m so out of touch I dont even know what to charge for a two hour solo set these days.

If anybody has been through all this and built a profile and Facebook page and publicised themselves successfully Id be interested in hearing any advice. If you had any idea on how to launch the website and Facebook page too that would be great!

Thanks a million

Appleguy

Comments

Advertisement