Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Project Advice

Options
  • 19-11-2017 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, I'm deciding what to do for my history project and I wanted to know if this was a good idea for it.
    I want to compare the first Athenian democracy to Irelands democracy, how they're run and what role citizens play etc. I was wondering if this was too general or if I'm going too far back in history. Any other tips for the project would be appreciated and if you did something similar I'd like to hear about it.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Hey, I'm deciding what to do for my history project and I wanted to know if this was a good idea for it.
    I want to compare the first Athenian democracy to Irelands democracy, how they're run and what role citizens play etc. I was wondering if this was too general or if I'm going too far back in history. Any other tips for the project would be appreciated and if you did something similar I'd like to hear about it.
    Thanks in advance.

That is a big and quite complex topic - and 1200 words is not a lot - more like a third-level essay of 3-4000 words.

I would suggest just doing a history of Athenian democracy - or be more focused on, for example, how it developed or how it declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I would suggest you pick an area to focus on instead of anything to general. When you have a very general topic it can be hard to touch on everything you need to.

I would say be open to adapting and changing your topic. That really helped me when I did mine and it was how I managed to do really well in it.

Brainstorm a few topic and aspects of them that you would like to pursue. Then try and get material on them. That was a huge thing for me, access to books etc can make or break your project.

Advertisement