Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from South Dublin to Heuston Station

Options
  • 19-11-2017 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Recently started a new job beside Heuston Train Station.

Currently I'm looking to rent along the Green Luas Line (Sandyford/Dundrum/Ranelagh/Milltown etc) so am just wondering how easy it will be to commute to work?

Is there a bus available or once the cross city Luas opens will I be able to get off at Stephens Green and get another Luas to Heuston from there?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hi guys

Recently started a new job beside Heuston Train Station.

Currently I'm looking to rent along the Green Luas Line (Sandyford/Dundrum/Ranelagh/Milltown etc) so am just wondering how easy it will be to commute to work?

Is there a bus available or once the cross city Luas opens will I be able to get off at Stephens Green and get another Luas to Heuston from there?

Cheers!

You'll get off on O'Connell Street and get the Red Line from there.
    Alternatively if you're in Ranelagh/Milltown, walk to Morehampton Road and get the 145 bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The green line extension opens next month. You could get that and then the redline LUAS it pick up a Dublin bus.

Or you could get a Dart and then the red line

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Currently I'm looking to rent along the Green Luas Line (Sandyford/Dundrum/Ranelagh/Milltown etc) ......
    ted1 wrote: »
    .... you could get a Dart and then the red line

Has the Dart been extended as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hrs just looking along the green line , by adding the DART option allows him to broaden his search.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cobham

The 145 bus route along the N11 from Dun Laoire via Stillorgan/Donnybrook is a very frequent service. It terminates at Heuston.

• Advertisement
Advertisement