Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RF-CS V2.0 HKC Quamtum 70

Options
  • 19-11-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,
    My RF-CS Backdoor intrusion sensor with shock and contact reeds is giving me tamper error. Is there anyway to override this - The only way I could stop it, at the minute, is by putting it in Engineering mode but now I cannot use the alarm.

There are 4 terminals at the base of the sensor - Alarm Tamper - can I connect these somehow to stop the error until I get a new RF-CS sensor?

Thanks in advance!! :(

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there anything wired into those terminals.?
    Also check the tamper switch on the unit is closing when you replace the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

Hi Koolkid,

No there isn't anything connected but the problem is, by me tightening the cover screw too much, I have broken the plastic mount for the screw. So I have the cover stuck with tape at the minute and it seems to be holding OK, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Obviously it's not holding as it's generating a tamper fault. You can buy a new housing for it cheap without having to replace the entire sensor.

Obviously it's not holding as it's generating a tamper fault. You can buy a new housing for it cheap without having to replace the entire sensor.

Thanks!!
    Where can I buy these - would the "National Electrical Wholesalers" shops have them?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers and electrical wholesalers stock HKC. You could also take a look at the sticky.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Most suppliers and electrical wholesalers stock HKC. You could also take a look at the sticky.

Thanks!!

Final questions:- If I buy a full unit (RF-CSW sensor) do I have to fine tune anything or set it up on the Quantum 70 panel? Or is it plug and play and it just replaces the old unit without any modifications?

Regards,
    jgc115

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

jgc115 wrote: »
    Thanks!!

Final questions:- If I buy a full unit (RF-CSW sensor) do I have to fine tune anything or set it up on the Quantum 70 panel? Or is it plug and play and it just replaces the old unit without any modifications?

Regards,
    jgc115

If you want to replace the entire unit you'll need to remove the old one and learn it the new one via the engineers menu. You don't need to do that, just buy a new surround and keep the inards of the old one.

If you want to replace the entire unit you'll need to remove the old one and learn it the new one via the engineers menu. You don't need to do that, just buy a new surround and keep the inards of the old one.

Great thanks a mil!! :)

Advertisement