Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear Wheel Buzzing Noise

Options
  • 19-11-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hello, I was in a bike crash yesterday and since taking it out of the boot of the car and pumping up the rear tyre there is a very loud buzzing noise since. Don't remember hearing it when I initially rolled the bike away when I crashed only after doing the aforementioned things. I inclided a recording of the sound for reference. Please help. I can't afford new wheels.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwr275ipvdmby0w/Bike%20wheel%20buzzing.m4a?dl=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Check for the tyre rubbing on the frame, or the brake blocks rubbing on the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

Plastik wrote: »
    Check for the tyre rubbing on the frame, or the brake blocks rubbing on the tyre.

Oh ya thanks had a closer look and it appears to have been the raceblades rubbing the tyre. They were installed when the tyre pressure was a but low and I assume after pumping the tyre up it got a but bugger rubbing.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement