Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID please

Options
  • 19-11-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Finished flowering, had large orange flowers. Outdoor plant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Heavens, we need more description, or better yet a pic, than that! Large orange flowers - could be a kaffir lily, a nasturtium, a red hot poker, a dahlia, or loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

looksee wrote: »
    Heavens, we need more description, or better yet a pic, than that! Large orange flowers - could be a kaffir lily, a nasturtium, a red hot poker, a dahlia, or loads more.

Sorry I thought the pic had uploaded. Having trouble with the phone. Will try again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Could be an Orange Ball tree :D bit late though

Here are some pics, hope they attach ok..

looks like a bromeliad but the shape of the plant going left and right is a bit odd.
    Lovely plant.

• Advertisement

I think it's a Clivia, a south african plant.

Clivia-miniata-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Like that!

Clivia...never heard of it! Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP I noticed that your plant had seed pods on it. While the normal advice is to remove them so the plant doesn't waste energy producing seed it may be worth leaving one pod. The seed pod will get bigger and bigger and the ones I have had have eventually burst open with the seed germinating ready to grow on.

Hi, M3c. Do you mean that the seeds are already germinated when they appear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hi, M3c. Do you mean that the seeds are already germinated when they appear?

If you leave them long enough.

my3cents wrote: »
    If you leave them long enough.

Sounds great! Thanks

Advertisement