Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up advice

Options
  • 19-11-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hi , I'm 44 and at a total loss on make up. What suits me & what doesn't. To be honest I'm not really a make up kind of girl, but I do realise as I get older it is important.

I suppose I am looking for someone similar to a personal stylist.

I am based in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Well any makeup artist can guide you on products but remember they will try to sell you everything! As a newbie, I'd recommend mineral makeup as it's better for skin and more natural. If you're near a Debenhams go to the Bareminerals or Fuschia section and ask them for a trial. Buy then what you like. You can also try your local beautician as they usually stock mineral makeup.
    Also I'd go for fluid foundation over powder, as powder tends to sit in lines whereas fluid will cover better. Hope that helps!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Brown Thomas Dublin has a new beauty salon where you can book in for a lesson and tips, and cost is redeemable against purchase of products. They will be able to offer you suggestions from multiple brands as opposed to going to one counter and only seeing that one brand's offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Twee. wrote: »
    Brown Thomas Dublin has a new beauty salon where you can book in for a lesson and tips, and cost is redeemable against purchase of products. They will be able to offer you suggestions from multiple brands as opposed to going to one counter and only seeing that one brand's offering.

I'd second this recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Twee. wrote: »

That's a great idea, would love if Debenhams did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Twee. wrote:

Oh wow, that sounds exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Just coming back on this, i dd the Brown Thomas Beauty Salon, and it was fantasic. Got products form a number of different brands. An hour which flew & no pressure to buy

Advertisement