Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

14murphy's EV Thread

• 19-11-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Folks a complete newbie to the electric vehicle world. I run a transportation business and have become interested in picking up a Tesla.
    I’ve a couple question I hope someone can help with.
    1. If I purchase a new Tesla is there a government for business purchases.
    2. Does anyone know if a Tesla has beeen passed as an SPSV in the republican.
    3. Is there an actual brick and mortar seller in Dublin. A google search just brings up there international page.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Welcome!
    14murphy wrote: »
    1. If I purchase a new Tesla is there a government for business purchases.

Yes, There's an SEAI grant for new vehicles. This is claimed by the dealer/manufacturer and is already included the pricing. Does not apply to 2nd hand imports, but since those usually come from the UK their OLEV grant has already been applied.
    The business grant is €3,800 vs €5,000 for the private grant. Most manufacturers tend to put business EV purchases into the system as private, which has been quietly tolerated. Tesla does not.
    2. Does anyone know if a Tesla has beeen passed as an SPSV in the republican.

Not to my knowledge. But the S, X and 3 all meet the suitability requirements. They are commonly used as PSVs across europe.
    In the Netherlands in particular the Tesla Model S is the most common model of Taxi. YTD in 2017 2371 Tesla Model S and X have been registered in NL.
    3. Is there an actual brick and mortar seller in Dublin. A google search just brings up there international page.
    Thanks in advance.

Tesla only sell direct. They have a sales/service location in sandyford behind the Beacon clinic. https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/findus/location/store/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

cros13 wrote: »
    Welcome!

Yes, There's an SEAI grant for new vehicles. This is claimed by the dealer/manufacturer and is already included the pricing. Does not apply to 2nd hand imports, but since those usually come from the UK their OLEV grant has already been applied.
    The business grant is €3,800 vs €5,000 for the private grant. Most manufacturers tend to put business EV purchases into the system as private, which has been quietly tolerated. Tesla does not.

Not to my knowledge. But the S, X and 3 all meet the suitability requirements. They are commonly used as PSVs across europe.
    In the Netherlands in particular the Tesla Model S is the most common model of Taxi.

Tesla only sell direct. They have a sales/service location in sandyford behind the Beacon clinic. https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/findus/location/store/dublin
    Thank you so much that’s extremely helpful. Apologies about starting a new thread I just tried to post in the other EV thread. Still tho thank you kindly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cros13 wrote: »
    In the Netherlands in particular the Tesla Model S is the most common model of Taxi.

You sure about that? You do regularly see a taxi Model S, but more common than any other make / model?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I’d ideally pass it out as a limousine. As another question, is each model equipped with autonomous driving or is that an added extra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I’d ideally pass it out as a limousine. As another question, is each model equipped with autonomous driving or is that an added extra

Enhanced Autopilot is €5,400 (€6,400 after delivery) and gives you traffic aware cruise control, which keeps a certain (adjustable) distance to the car in front while you do the steering. It also includes Autosteer, which also takes care of the steering but is only available on roads with good lane markings. It works great on motorways.

Full self-driving is another €3,200 (€4,300 after delivery) but doesn't give you any functionality at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's autonomous driving level 2 (level 0 is no help at all, level 5 is fully self driving)

So it is far from self-driving. Hope your expectations are realistic here. Also it's an expensive optional extra, that most early cars did not have. Not sure how often it is chosen and paid for on current (2017 / 2018)) UK / Irish cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

unkel wrote: »
    Also it's an expensive optional extra, that most early cars did not have. Not sure how often it is chosen and paid for on current (2017 / 2018)) UK / Irish cars

Most UK/Irish cars have it. Personally having long term experience of level 2 autonomy, I think it's worth buying from day 1.
    But if you are on the fence, the cars come with the hardware regardless of what you order and you can enable enh. autopilot or even full self driving after the fact via credit card payment (it's just going to cost more).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I presume Murphy, that you are aware of the discussion on BIK on EVs?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057804824

Advertisement