Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames | Game 11

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nice one. excellent captaining there osh. was hoping for a 'march hare' there at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Assassin was round.

Final blue words were March and laser

Guffy wrote: »
    I'll captain game 13 if people are up for it...
    IN

Edit: just realized 12 is next.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Gotta ask, was Instruktor to do with Jason Lee because that's what I immediately first thought of?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

quickbeam wrote: »
    Gotta ask, was Instruktor to do with Jason Lee because that's what I immediately first thought of?

I thought adding the k there was a cracking clue.

The Ayers one threw me cause i thought platypus and austrailia for that

• Advertisement

well played guys good game.

Unlucky Captain PJ hard to overcome that

sKeith wrote: »
    IN

Edit: just realized 12 is next.

Ah i thought it was 13... i meant 12.

Could someone else who knows what they're at set it up.. obv ye'll have to captain other team.

Guffy wrote: »
    Ah i thought it was 13... i meant 12.

Could someone else who knows what they're at set it up.. obv ye'll have to captain other team.

its easy , goto https://www.horsepaste.com/
    pick a word, thats your board, share link to baord with other captain via PM.

take a pic of opening 'player' board and paste it and the teams as OP of new thread ''Codenames | Game 12'
    take a pic of 'spymaster' board for spoiler, or in case board times out. (it times out after a day.)

Just my 2c but words should probably be English only. I think titles of foreign things are fine too like characters, movies etc. So instruktor was grand as turns out it's also a tv show.

Also fine if it's a word used in English. Example in the rules is linking apple and Berlin. Apfel wouldn't be allowed but strudel is.

In for the next one too

• Advertisement

I looked up the czech word which described another word: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/instruktor

I since realised that's actually against the rules.

AYERS was simply supposed to refer to Ayers Rock for Australia and mount. I should have left australia in hindsight as playtpus could have overlapped by accident. I should have googled it too because who the feck is Bill Ayers!

I thought it was a tricky board. I was stuck with FIELD, CZECH, TEACHER, DRILL, MARCH, LASER and SPIKE. I was waiting for GAS to be picked to go for fracking.

I could have probably managed to get DRILL as part of INSTRUKTOR actually as osh pointed out.

Fair play osh, interesting idea to sit on a massive clue till the end :D

Anyone think of anything that would combine LASER and MARCH? I was stumped

keep it for another captain ;) there are only so many words in this game.

Well I thought if I went for animal straight off and you were playing catch up it might force you to get really good clues. By leaving it you might think you had more time :)

Also thought field could possibly be a problem for the animal clue so was waiting til that went.

But yeah think you definitely had the harder group of words to link.

Was thinking something like army could possibly link laser, march, drill and field. Perhaps reaching a bit though . And pilot was out there as a neutral

I was thinking something like war/military for march drill possibly pilot and laser if we were playing catchup.

Can someone point out where im going wron with the embed in game 12?

Yeah noticed a lot get repeated. There does seem to be less words in this online version than the real game. Which is strange given they could surely have loads more.

I looked up the czech word which described another word: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/instruktor

Jason Lee is one of those infamous celebrities that come up when people talk about stupid baby names. He called his son Pilot-Instruktor, so my guess for that, if it had been given to me, would have included Pilot.
    AYERS was simply supposed to refer to Ayers Rock for Australia and mount. I should have left australia in hindsight as playtpus could have overlapped by accident. I should have googled it too because who the feck is Bill Ayers!

Never heard of Bill Ayers either. Probably showing my age here, but I'd have though to Pam Ayers first.

Jason Lee is one of those infamous celebrities that come up when people talk about stupid baby names. He called his son Pilot-Instruktor, so my guess for that, if it had been given to me, would have included Pilot.

Ah, just checked, his son is actually called Pilot Inspektor. Much better than Pilot Instruktor :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement