Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadie Code Shout Out

Options
  • 19-11-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Thank you so much to the Orwell lad who stopped to give me a dig out with my numb fingers* on my 1st puncture on my Spinnus Horriblus this morning, and the two lads (one on a Guercotti) who helped me find the wire poking through the tyre lining and boot it at my second puncture and the Trio of Dublin wheelers who offered to empty their pockets for a more or less 360 degree booting after the third.

Also thanks to the couple who gave me a lift after a few kms of Portaging...but they seem less likely to be on here.

Good salts aplenty in them hills.

*thanks too for the trick with seating a recalcitrant tyre. Banking that.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

*thanks too for the trick with seating a recalcitrant tyre. Banking that.
    pray share!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Glad you got back in one piece. Was heading out the door when I saw your whatsapp message, and was wondering were planning on the long walk back down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

pray share!

I believe it's point 1 here:https://youtu.be/jvvXrlAUUfU

SMACL, I was fully committed to 90 minutes of walking with the bike on my shoulder, but a lovely couple kindly gave me a lift after the first few kms.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

That bike seems to like your shoulder. Maybe time to take up cyclocross ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's another Guerciotti out there? I have one (wasn't me) but so does another boardsie so could've been them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    There's another Guerciotti out there? I have one (wasn't me) but so does another boardsie so could've been them...
    I think daragh has (had?) one.

I've met Daragh a few times, today wasn't one of them.

There must be a third man!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I've only every seen him ride that! Used to see him daily on the walk to work but the last time I saw him he was driving a car and scared the **** out of me!

Roadies are good to each most of the time. If I see some one stopped I'll ask if they are ok. Helped some one out recently. Got a puncture last week and had a few people stop and ask I was ok. Nothing like good karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Wasn't me but everyone who rides a Guerciotti is awesome #Fact

Sorry for your troubles rollingscone. The sheer amount of good Karma on display just about balances out the time a few lads didn't rescue Anthony Walsh #neverforget

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Delighted you got the lift. Nobody wants to walk down Sally Gap with a bike on their shoulder...

You have to do your Christmas Belfast-to-Dublin cycle special now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I was the Wheeler (not sure how much my mates in Swords CC and Audax Ireland would appreciate that slur) so glad to hear you got the lift as long 15km stroll to Manor Kilbride in cleats carrying a bike which we thought you were underestimating in taking 90 mins.

All's well that ends well

oflahero wrote: »
    Delighted you got the lift. Nobody wants to walk down Sally Gap with a bike on their shoulder...

You have to do your Christmas Belfast-to-Dublin cycle special now!

At least the Singlespeed is significantly lighter if I have to carry it!

@MattBianco: not the first time I've walked that road ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was the Wheeler (not sure how much my mates in Swords CC and Audax Ireland would appreciate that slur) so glad to hear you got the lift as long 15km stroll to Manor Kilbride in cleats carrying a bike which we thought you were underestimating in taking 90 mins.

All's well that ends well
    Matt - were you with DG yesterday on that audax?I think I saw you pics as you came up on his Strava feed.

At least the Singlespeed is significantly lighter if I have to carry it!

@MattBianco: not the first time I've walked that road ;)

It's normally the other direction you see lads walking so we knew something was up

Might be time for another A1 Coaching piece of investigative journalism on an exposed section of the Gap to see if roadie code holds through?

Matt - were you with DG yesterday on that audax?I think I saw you pics as you came up on his Strava feed.

Yeah that was me alright - good group on a good new permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

godtabh wrote: »
    Nothing like good karma!

I prefer a tikka masala myself :D

I'll get my coat :)

Well the Singlespeed may be lighter but it turns out it digs painfully into my shoulder :-/

Blew a spoke this morning. Luckily only 4km from home. :(

Advertisement