Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Backpack for laptop

Options
  • 19-11-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi All

Does anyone run to work with their laptop on their back? I wonder could you recommend a good bag that would be good for this. I wouldn't be bringing much else so it will be just the laptop really but want it to feel as light as possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Hi All

Does anyone run to work with their laptop on their back? I wonder could you recommend a good bag that would be good for this. I wouldn't be bringing much else so it will be just the laptop really but want it to feel as light as possible.

Thanks

It's not the best idea in the world to run with a laptop especially if it's a HDD, might be marginally ok if it's an SSD.
    Do you have an option to access a company sharepoint and OWA instead?

If you really need to, back up your data regularly and get a small pack with chest and hip straps, something like the Deuter 8 or 10, these also have an air bridge to let air circulate at your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It's not the best idea in the world to run with a laptop especially if it's a HDD, might be marginally ok if it's an SSD.
    Do you have an option to access a company sharepoint and OWA instead?

If you really need to, back up your data regularly and get a small pack with chest and hip straps, something like the Deuter 8 or 10, these also have an air bridge to let air circulate at your back.

Thanks for that - how do I know if it's an SSD? It's a Dell Latitude laptop. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

I've commuted between Dublin City Centre and Swords 200+ times in the last two years with a Macbook Air in a bag on my back. I currently use a Deuter SpeedLite 20, which is comfortable and holds the laptop pretty securely, though the bag is starting to fall apart a little. One of my laptops did mysteriously stop working last year. While it didn't die immediately after running home I suspect that the running had something to do with it.

The shaking wouldn't be great for a non-SSD hard disk alright. To find out what type of hard drive you have, google something like: https://www.google.ie/search?q=how+to+tell+you+have+an+SSD+in+Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Paddy1234 wrote:
    Thanks for that - how do I know if it's an SSD? It's a Dell Latitude laptop. Thanks

Paddy1234 wrote:

If it takes a while to boot up and makes a whirring noise it's a hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Down South wrote: »
    If it takes a while to boot up and makes a whirring noise it's a hdd

Especially after 30 mins tempo :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement