Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major bust up at Wetherspoons Blanchardstown

Options
  • 19-11-2017 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Major fight broke out on ground floor around 6.20pm.
    Still seems to be going on outside 15mins later.

Guys grabbing pint glasses and smashing them against peoples heads.
    Throwing glasses and anything else they could grab at each other.
    Women screaming. Floor covered in broken glass and beer.

Ambulances and Gards in attendance. Pub in lock down to new customers.
    Cleanup operation underway. Feel sorry for the customers in that area of the ground floor who where just there enjoying their Sunday dinners and then getting caught up in this crap.

Interesting evening in Dublin 15 indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I was in the bar at the time, haven’t seen anything like it in a long time. Last eat around ten minutes inside the bar at the back alcove area. Was blessed it stayed in there during the time.

There were families with their kids in the bar having dinner at the time when it all kicked off. And they and the staff were shaken by the whole episode.

What was worrying that an ambulance showed up to treat the wounded before a single Garda turned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

AAD wrote: »
    I was in the bar at the time, haven’t seen anything like it in a long time. Last eat around ten minutes inside the bar at the back alcove area. Was blessed it stayed in there during the time.

There were families with their kids in the bar having dinner at the time when it all kicked off. And they and the staff were shaken by the whole episode.

What was worrying that an ambulance showed up to treat the wounded before a single Garda turned up.

Any idea of what kicked it off or who?
    <snip>

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Unless evidence to the contrary emerges, no more speculation about the involvement of particular ethnic groups please.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nuff said.

I was there on THAT night for a quick meal while waiting for my car to cool down.

Previously:
    I have been there for business lunches during the week for the past 6 months.
    All, very pleasant and no problems whatsoever.
    I was over there 2 nights previously, on Friday night, with my wife as well.

Staff could not be any better on those nights or even on the night in question.
    Two nights prior, when they asked if everything was ok, we said that the chips with curry sauce was mank. They immediately took it away and returned with fresh chips. No questions asked.

Fabulous staff, they stand the place in good stead.

Too bad that something like this happens to ruin everyone's day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

shinju wrote: »
    I was there on the night for a quick meal while waiting for my car to cool down.

Staff could not be any better. When they asked if everything was ok, we said that the chips with curry sauce was mank. They immediately took it away and returned with fresh chips. No questions asked.

I started to read this as if they were asking you if you were ok after the incident... What an odd response, I thought.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I started to read this as if they were asking you if you were ok after the incident... What an odd response, I thought.

I have corrected my post. Hopefully it now makes sense to you. However, I don't expect it to be grammatically correct. If you require grammatic correctness as well, then please copy, paste and correct it yourself.

I posted the first post whilst I was there.. I then edited and added as necessary.
    Subsequently, i provided comments about my previous experiences of the establishment: 2 nights prior as well as previously.

Hope that clears things up for you.

It's great when standing in front of people and having a conversation. Numerous things can be questioned and corrected instantly..

With online public forums, that is not possible and hence pedantism prospers and prevails.

Sticker on car window :
    Are you a pedant??

Whoa.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Whoa.
    Well, why not. It has to be said at some point.

Well, why not. It has to be said at some point.

No it doesn't. If you have an issue with a post then please use the report post button rather than getting snarky with other posters. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Zaph wrote: »
    No it doesn't. If you have an issue with a post then please use the report post button rather than getting snarky with other posters. Thanks.

He's at least entitled to mirror the snarkiness he received

bilbot79 wrote: »
    He's at least entitled to mirror the snarkiness he received

No he's not, as I said that's what the report post button is for.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is this how the fight started? Someone corrected someone else's grammar?

Any further questioning of mod actions on-thread will result in a card rather than posts being deleted. This is, and always has against Boards rules. If you have an issue then take it to PM.

Doesn't it usually say moderator against your name if you are such?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is this how the fight started? Someone corrected someone else's grammar?

It was started by that famous beer thief Nick Mc Guinness.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Doesn't it usually say moderator against your name if you are such?

I am both a mod of this forum and a site admin.

Zaph wrote: »
    I am both a mod of this forum and a site admin.

Always wondered why it doesn't say that beside your name like other mods though.

No grammar or punctuation corrections here, just confusion about the relevance of the curry review amidst news of multiple glassings. This one's my fault.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Always wondered why it doesn't say that beside your name like other mods though.

Are you on the touch site?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you on the touch site?

Sorry, don't know what that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm confused how can chips be mank. Or was it the curry or the combination? Was the replacement curry and chips or just chips....

Never been in there but just in case...

I suppose avoid asking for anything battered..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

So was it didicoi v locals? Locals v locals? Didicoi v Didicoi?

Moderation here seemed a bit one sided if you ask me. I mean no harm, I just felt compelled to speak up for my fellow man shinju.

I don't want to be carded though so I'll go look quietly for other interesting threads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

So who was it?
    Stop pussy footing around and tell us.
    Jeez

Autochange wrote: »
    So who was it?
    Stop pussy footing around and tell us.
    Jeez

To whom is this question directed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Who ever was there and witnessed the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Does anyone know what's going on in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I was there on THAT night for a quick meal while waiting for my car to cool down.

Previously:
    I have been there for business lunches during the week for the past 6 months.
    All, very pleasant and no problems whatsoever.
    I was over there 2 nights previously, on Friday night, with my wife as well.

Staff could not be any better on those nights or even on the night in question.
    Two nights prior, when they asked if everything was ok, we said that the chips with curry sauce was mank. They immediately took it away and returned with fresh chips. No questions asked.

Fabulous staff, they stand the place in good stead.

Too bad that something like this happens to ruin everyone's day

Waiting for your car to cool down?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement