Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - Mobile Phone Trial

Options
  • 19-11-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Changed your mind? Nevermind

You know you're in safe hands with Argos, our products have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you change your mind and your item is unused and in its original condition, we can either exchange it or give you a full refund when you return it within 30 days with your proof of purchas

Want to get a phone to show to someone at home but how far can I go with
    this without making it unfit for return/resale.

1. Take out the phone and just have a look at it.

or can I

2. Insert battery and switch on.

3. As 2 plus insert a sim card.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,020 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Opening the packaging makes it unfit for resale in this case - I would reject an opened phone.

Argos offer the refund policy to avoid any issues of being distance selling - even though the item is in the same building as you, you didn't get to see it before buying 99% of the time. Since being bought by Sainsburys their formerly extremely generous interpretation of it has basically gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Phones rarely fall under that guarantee for the reasons above. Check with them in store before buying but it's likely you won't be able to return it once it's opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Most electronic items are excluded video games etc too, faulty and you are covered but change of mind is a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Anything with user accessible memory i.e. phones, laptops and digital cameras are exempt from the 30 day returns and are marked as such in the catalogue

Advertisement