Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Primary teaching masters

Options
  • 19-11-2017 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All, I am hoping that some people can offer me advice please! I am looking into applying for masters in primary teaching. I hold a degree and relevant leaving cert results. I have two young children and so I'm trying to ascertain if dcu or hibernia would be the way to go, should I be lucky enough to succeed.
    I'm aware hibernia is blended with on sites and webseminars and dcu is 2 years full time and I was hoping that someone in dcu could let me know in relation to your average week?
    Given I'd need to leave my current role and arrange childcare for dcu course I am trying get to learn about the time scales :

1) is the average week in college Monday-Friday 9am to 6pm or are there shorter/ longer days of lectures ? I'm aware of school placements but just wondering with regard to the actual college timetable (I know may change but a rough idea!)

2) both courses are 2 year - is this strictly 24 months or 2 academic years?

3) in relation to hibernia course and dcu course is it the exact same qualification at the end of the day or are there any hidden "extras" to be done with either, for example the religion cert?

If I succeed my decision will be based around childcare options for me, hibernia it seems I can be at home for them alot more but with dcu I wouldn't have a wage and would have childcare costs. For some reason I'm drawn more towards dcu given its on site and so I'm trying to find some way to make it work for me and my family!

Are either qualifications regarded more preferably than the other or would everyone have the same footing graduating?

I've read dozens and dozens of threads!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement