Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of tenancy/one of clean

Options
  • 19-11-2017 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Have any of the landlords (or anyone else) a recommendation for a one off clean/end of tenancy clean. I’d guess PM only for boards rules. Looking to get someone in for a clean before Christmas and have no clue where to start looking. I’m in North Kildare

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

I wouldn't bother with them. I bet the cost of professional cleaning will be deducted whether you get them or not.
    Do a thorough and complete clean yourself. Professional cleaners will not move furniture to clean underneath.
    Our apartment was professionally cleaned before we moved in but there were old batteries and wrappers under the bed and nail clippings in drawers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with them. I bet the cost of professional cleaning will be deducted whether you get them or not.
    Do a thorough and complete clean yourself. Professional cleaners will not move furniture to clean underneath.
    Our apartment was professionally cleaned before we moved in but there were old batteries and wrappers under the bed and nail clippings in drawers.

A professional clean is tax deductible- a landlord is not allowed to enumerate any time or effort he/she puts into cleaning a property- thus from a time (more than anything else) but also a financial perspective- it makes perfect sense to use a professional cleaner/cleaning service.

OP- I would suggest putting the area the property is in- into Google and doing a search- or alternatively- seeking word of mouth recommendations locally.

As for the person who is implying professional cleaning does not extend to moving furniture cleaning under beds etc- they just got a bad cleaner in.......

I'd also suggest you have a look a look at providers of 'deep cleaning' alongside 'professional cleaning' services- as despite the similarity in terms- they are in fact two different services. Any property that has been let should be deep cleaned before a new tenant is procured- it doesn't matter how neat and tidy the previous tenant was, or how neat and tidy they leave the property- it gets deep cleaned before its relet. This would extend to cleaning and deoderising the fridge/oven etc etc

Advertisement