Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT training - Is it possible to get a bike to use?

Options
  • 19-11-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone.

I'm looking at the IBT courses for motorcycle training after you get a learners permit. I was wondering that if you register for an IBT course approved by the RSA and under go the different modules is it possible to have them supply you with a motorcycle for training, as in a hire? Or are you expected to own one already?

And while I'm here, how much do these IBT courses tend to cost roughly?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most schools should be able to provide a bike for IBT. If you can get a 2nd person to do IBT with you the price is less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If an instructor offering IBT can not supply a bike he is not worth going with, there are plenty of instructors listed on the RSA website in your area.

The price will drop for 2 or more people but you will also get less attention from the instructor especially if one of the people are very bad and take up alot of his time.

If you can afford to do it 1-1 then do it, its your safety that will benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

Seabhac14 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I'm looking at the IBT courses for motorcycle training after you get a learners permit. I was wondering that if you register for an IBT course approved by the RSA and under go the different modules is it possible to have them supply you with a motorcycle for training, as in a hire? Or are you expected to own one already?

And while I'm here, how much do these IBT courses tend to cost roughly?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

You get provided a bike for the IBT if you need one by any instructor , it's cheaper if you have your own. 350-400

Advertisement