Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged twice but dont believe item was bought

Options
  • 20-11-2017 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was buying a TV on the currys website this evening. When I went to pay it brought me back to an error screen and asked me to try again, I did but alas the same error screen appeared. I received no order confirmation mail or reference number so the order did not go through.

I subsequently checked my online banking and I have been charged TWICE for the TV but do not believe it has been ordered!!

I have also sent a mail to currys this evening in regard to my order (outside of office hours so mail only contact at minute). Is there anything else I can do?? Can BOI cancel the 2 transactions immediately??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

dazza1587 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was buying a TV on the currys website this evening. When I went to pay it brought me back to an error screen and asked me to try again, I did but alas the same error screen appeared. I received no order confirmation mail or reference number so the order did not go through.

I subsequently checked my online banking and I have been charged TWICE for the TV but do not believe it has been ordered!!

I have also sent a mail to currys this evening in regard to my order (outside of office hours so mail only contact at minute). Is there anything else I can do?? Can BOI cancel the 2 transactions immediately??
    Hi dazza1587, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

It would be best to contact the retailer today to confirm if they have processed your orders. 

If the retailer didn't fully process these transactions then these amounts would be returned to your account automatically. This could take up to 5 working days to happen.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else, thanks. 

Nicola 

Advertisement