Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent.ie versus daft.ie (which is best?)

Options
  • 20-11-2017 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

We're looking to rent our house I was was on daft.ie and at the end it offers to post my ad on rent.it too for another €7.50.
    Is there any point in doing a dual listing?  Is rent.it better than daft.ie?

Which is the best rental site? 8 votes

daft.ie
    0% 0 votes
    rent.ie
    100% 8 votes
    property.ie
    0% 0 votes
    myhome.ie
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    We're looking to rent our house I was was on daft.ie and at the end it offers to post my ad on rent.it too for another €7.50.
    Is there any point in doing a dual listing?  Is rent.it better than daft.ie?
    Don't do it:: go to Daft.ie pay the 45.70 EUR for the standard ad (they started charging 70 cents for Debit card use:() and it will be published in property.ie and rent.ie as a standard ad. Their paying page tries to fool you in believing you need a further payment for the ad to appear in the other two web sites, but in reality is onlu to put it in evidence in the other two websites!
    With respect to myhome.ie, they can go to h..l together with their estate agents and letting agents friends, they seem to be liking only these two categories of cr..ks now in order to publish ads on myhome (the site was out for months for private individuals ads, I do not know if it has come back to availability). Their customer support service is a joke (they wanted to revive an ad I had published 4 years before!). Daft.ie customer support is not much better, given the fact that questions sent by email go unaswered, but technically is a much better website than myhome.ie. Main issue I find is that they only hire employees working 9 to 5 and if you prepare an ad during a weekend you can forget any publishing until 10-11am on Monday: this is unacceptable really, but it seems to be the norm in (very inefficient) Irish online service standards.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

there's a lot of facebook groups like "rent in dublin" "the ideal flatmets" and others, you can try there before paying almost 50 euro. with the housing crisis you probably find someone really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

there's a lot of facebook groups like "rent in dublin" "the ideal flatmets" and others, you can try there before paying almost 50 euro. with the housing crisis you probably find someone really easy.

Advertisement