Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on a closed account

Options
  • 20-11-2017 10:13am

Hi,

I received an email over two weeks ago saying my closed account was in credit. I haven't received any refund on this.

A Google search of this issue seems to show that people had to ask for the refund "as they may have moved address''.

When I asked Live Chat at the time he just told me it would be posted out but given the previous policy and the fact it's been two weeks now I'm starting to believe he hadn't a clue what he was on about.

Can you provide feedback please.

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

I received an email over two weeks ago saying my closed account was in credit. I haven't received any refund on this.

A Google search of this issue seems to show that people had to ask for the refund "as they may have moved address''.

When I asked Live Chat at the time he just told me it would be posted out but given the previous policy and the fact it's been two weeks now I'm starting to believe he hadn't a clue what he was on about.

Can you provide feedback please.

S
    Hi gilberto_eire, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

The standard leadtime for a refund cheque is 30 days after the final bill has been issued. Feel free to PM me your account number and name on the account and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Fair enough if the policy has changed.

I'll give it another week or two so and post back if needs be.

S

Fair enough if the policy has changed.

I'll give it another week or two so and post back if needs be.

S
    No problem at all. 

Please come back to me in you have any further queries or issues. 

Thanks

Tracey 

So...

A month has passed and I received another bill informing me I'm owed money but no sign of the money been returned.

While we're at it, I applied a discount from my SV rewards points a few months ago that I never received. I followed this up with CC through LiveChat from India and I was told I'd have to contact another department and swiftly cut off.

Can I receive this as well as I used my SV points and didn't receive the E10 discount.

S

Tick... tock... tick... tock.

I see others after me received replies.

I'll look to lodge a complaint about this if I'm not paid back my money as I've no other course of action at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

@ Gilberto,

Best thing you did was get away from Eir.   Awful shower to deal with.

How did you pay your bills?  Was it by direct debit?   If so, they can process your payment and you'll have it within 5 working days.  Into the bank account they took the DD's from.

You just need to get them to bother doing it.  I rang them, pestered them, and eventually they said ok and then it went through and it reached the account 5 days later.
      I don't know why a cheque would be necessary unless they dont have your bank account or credit card on file?   

And even AFTER you get your refund, get ready for texts about bills that arent even due and having to ring them again.
    I get that to this day and I closed my account a year ago.

They're awful.   Just tell them you want the credit applied to your account or credit card and forget about a cheque and then advise anyone you know to stay away from them.

Yes it was a DD as i was told there was no way to pay weekly or in the shops like Virgin.

Had to laugh at the cheque payment... who pays with a cheque in this day and age?... it's obviously a way of getting out of refunds as they make you chase it and a lot won't.

I'll make an offical complaint if i have to, I'm patient but this is a **** take at this point.
    I applied a SV discount as well that was never applied and I'd let that slide after CS fobbed me off with an email to contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Nobody uses cheques these days.  They couldnt issue a cheque if they wanted to.   Their system isnt set up for cheques.
    You paid by DD so they can pay it into your bank account.
    At the press of a button.

If you're self employed and have a business account with them, or any friends or relatives who have an account with them, get their account numbers and ring up saying they're leaving.  Threaten Comreg, just do whatever to get them to act.

But honestly, if you get your refund, just wait and a year later they'll send you a text saying you owe them money for no reason.

They're a joke.

If I don't receive a refund this week... I'll make a complaint to ComReg.

If I don't receive a refund this week... I'll make a complaint to ComReg.
    Hi gilberto_eire, 

I'm really sorry to hear you are still waiting for this refund to get to you. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, the name on the account and I will chase this up for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement