Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking To Buy The New OnePlus 5T

Options
  • 20-11-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I am thinking about buying the 5T but I basically want to swap it for my iPhone 7 32GB. What I mean is, I want to but the 5T with the money I would get for the iPhone and then obviously put some money towards the 5T. I originally thought I could just sell the iPhone to somewhere such as CEX and then buy the 5T but then I would be left without a phone while I wait on the 5T to be delivered (CEX offer €393 cash for the iPhone). I then also realized that the 5T is €500 to buy here but only $500 (~€424) on the American site. So does anyone know any ways other ways of doing it or getting the 5T at the American price over here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

SW98 wrote: »
    Hi, I am thinking about buying the 5T but I basically want to swap it for my iPhone 7 32GB. What I mean is, I want to but the 5T with the money I would get for the iPhone and then obviously put some money towards the 5T. I originally thought I could just sell the iPhone to somewhere such as CEX and then buy the 5T but then I would be left without a phone while I wait on the 5T to be delivered (CEX offer €393 cash for the iPhone). I then also realized that the 5T is €500 to buy here but only $500 (~€424) on the American site. So does anyone know any ways other ways of doing it or getting the 5T at the American price over here.

Remember you would need to pay sales tax on top of the American price and you would have an American charger vs a UK/Irish one. No savings to be made there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

PaulKK wrote: »
    Remember you would need to pay sales tax on top of the American price and you would have an American charger vs a UK/Irish one. No savings to be made there tbh.

Awh yeah I know but I was wondering does anyone know where I could get it at that price in Europe. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

SW98 wrote: »
    Awh yeah I know but I was wondering does anyone know where I could get it at that price in Europe. Thanks.

The European site will have the wrong plug as well. I can't remember if OnePlus make you order from the site for the country that you are in.

When buying if you use a credit card you can then wait for the delivery, then sell the other phone to pay the CC. There is no way to buy the new phone with the old phone without having no phone for a few days. Can you get a phone off a friend for the week or so between selling the iPhone and getting the OnePlus?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Del2005 wrote: »
    The European site will have the wrong plug as well. I can't remember if OnePlus make you order from the site for the country that you are in.

When buying if you use a credit card you can then wait for the delivery, then sell the other phone to pay the CC. There is no way to buy the new phone with the old phone without having no phone for a few days. Can you get a phone off a friend for the week or so between selling the iPhone and getting the OnePlus?

Yeah that might be an idea thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont get the US price. The US price is pre VAT, so its $500 in New Hampshire and $551.25 in Chicago.

Any EU seller has to apply local/Irish vat (depending on volume) so it will always be more expensive here. The way to get US savings (small) is to visit the US yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Cex are a joke - the money they offer for most items is insultingly low and their secondhand phones are often more expensive than buying new from Amazon so little sense in taking vouchers over cash. You'd be much better off selling on adverts.ie. Just present it well with packing, accessories etc, price it competitively and avoid buyers with bad feedback.

Price seems to be the same across Europe so no savings to be made there.

Advertisement